Oct 8, 2018 PendingSan Francisco MLS #474711
Sep 18, 2018 Contingent (Contingent - Show)San Francisco MLS #474711
Aug 17, 2018 Listed (Active)San Francisco MLS #474711 $1,249,000
Nov 9, 2016 Price ChangedSan Francisco MLS #1 *
Jun 30, 2015 Sold (MLS) (Sold)San Francisco MLS #432570 $1,380,000
1 Like

starting to see some blood

1 Like

Must be some reason for this particular property.

maybe ghost?

If market is super strong even ghost houses will sell for top dollars. I remember someone interview people in Hong Kong about living in homes that had multiple murders just months before, what did they say? Being poor is even more scary than seeing ghosts. :smile:

Two words: Western Addition

1 Like

You hate Japantown?

Frankly I don’t love the area. I rarely go to that part of town except my eye doctor is on Fillmore. Parts of it are sketchy.

That part of WA gets sketchy once you pass Laguna going west. Whoever bought it original probably got suckered in by the shiny interior.

The real buzz killer is the project across the street.

Still the point remains. In a super strong market it will carry lemons like this no problem. But once the market gets slower buyers get picky.

Man, even in good times I would stray away from across some projects. Just like a car thief, why bother with a steering wheel lock when I can just find another easier and better one?

The seller paid 1.4M to do just that back in 2015.

It was simply a bad, stupid move…

Granted the project looks pretty tiny.

1 Like

Man, where is the upside to this place? Unless the project leaves (it ain’t) how do you envision really making money on this? A wart is a wart is a wart…

The wart is already priced in. That’s why you are paying a pittance (by SF standard) for a big place like that. Location is actually pretty alright.

3/2 1900 ft built in 2007. I challenge you to find a place like that in the entire SF selling for less.

1 Like

Ok, fair assessment, but why not buy in a hot neighborhood so that chances are you are going to get appreciation too in addition to a very safe haven for your dough? Shoot, if principal preservation was of key interest, surely buying a place in Pac Heights would have been the better move than a place across from projects, no?

My boss moved out of West Addition after living there for a year. The crime rate is raising in that neighborhood.

2 Likes

Bingo! Prices do not go down in the Fab 7x7 without a good reason.

Again, fair enough, but why buy in a city where the property taxes are fairly high (that eats into your dough) and frankly if left unoccupied for too long, you have a better chance of attracting homeless or squatters? Your example house is a good one, in a suburb sub-division, where very few people will notice or actually even be around.