Some Sub $600k SFHs For Ya

Prefab candidate???

I was actually thinking of posting it in the ā€œprefabā€ thread :slight_smile:

We donā€™t know that the house is actually damaged at all. But thereā€™s probably a need for a retaining wall. After repairs, the value could be in the 500k to 650k rangeā€¦ Iā€™d have to see the lot, slope, amount of sunshine, road etc. first. The repairs could be $100k for a retaining wall or $500k for retaining wall plus new house, or even more.

In 2011, I saw a house where the inside was filled 3ā€™ high with mud from a slide. It was rock-hard by the time I saw itā€¦ jack-hammer or bulldozer.

These kinds of things could take very long to resolve. Right now itā€™s a short sale. The clock is tickingā€¦ 365 days from the calamity. If the bank is dumb and delays the short sale, then they will get nothing.

Very good chance that the listing agent doesnā€™t know about the 1 year rule and minimum requirement of 1 acre for new septic systems to be approved.

In that caseā€¦ maybe the neighbor will buy it in 2 years for $10k ā€¦ to have more backyard.

I am working with this Vietnamese guy. He is about to transfer $7.5 million to the US. He is thinking on buying land, and prefab everything. I think it is a good idea.

What is the traffic from Livermore to Dublin/Pleasanton like ? Are there people who make that commute?
[/quote]

bad during peak hours but not bad all the timeā€¦I know lots of people who commute from Livermore to Dublin/Pleasanton and even across bay bridge / san mateo[quote=ā€œdruid, post:10, topic:1453, full:trueā€]

Street address numbers suck but hey this is in the Fab 7x7 no less!!!

Another 599K fixer in the Fab 7x7

Hereā€™s a few around the Bay to pick over. This Hayward Hills or Concord one seems pretty darn nice for under 600kā€¦

Hayward Hills 3/2

Newark 3/1

Concord 4/2

Oakland Fruitvale Triplex

Here ya go, @manch since you love Bayview so muchā€¦

Looks awesome. Send it to that 160k dude at twitter.

At this price range it is best to purchase them off the auctions. If not at least an REO or a fixer. It wouldnā€™t be cost effective to buy a turn key one unless you need a big loan to complete the purchase.

Write up in Curbed.com tooā€¦ 599k in the Excelsior!!!.

Well, this listed sub 600K home in the Excelsior goes for the Asiany price of $803,800. Not bad for 4/2ā€¦

Redfin is not reflecting this yet but this starter home is being listed by my buddy Sabrina Gee. I got the postcard. Listing at 588K. Open house is 8/19. Maybe you call her now with an offer the seller canā€™t refuseā€¦ :slight_smile:

Wow, Inner Sunset cottage for 595K!!!

West Oakland, price reduced by $100k.

Uh, can I have the Fab 7x7 one???:grinning::grinning::grinning:

$100k price dropā€¦Is the bubble bursting?

The east bay market has definitely slowed down a lot in the last few monthsā€¦