Stock Market and Real Estate Return: A Comparison

Why does liquid metal do? Why do you favor it?

Knowing 10 folds itself hard. If I make more than 10% in a year, I am happy. I can provide my own watch list, but it is up to the viewers to decide, based on their fundamental research.

All my watch list stocks, I own 1 to 5 stocks (Do not laugh at me buy one stock !) Unless I own at least one stock, I am not putting my mind in it !

My first watch list (companies less than 10B market cap)

AEIS - small growth, review
INVH - speculative watch
IRBT - be careful, today good results,stock dropped 9%
MPW - dividend mainly
SHO - dividend mainly
UBNT - be careful, tomorrow results
WDFC - recent stock drop
UG - watch
WVVI - very small, careful

Second watch list

AJG,AMH,ANET,AZPN,CGNX,FSIC,INVA,IRT,LADR,LAMR,LW,PNNT,SAIC,SFR,SQ,STWD,TREE,TTWO

Please do your research before buying/selling.

TSLA has already gone up 6 fold since I last bought it. It just needs to increase by another 15 fold for me to get to the 100 fold. Difficult but not impossible.

FB has gone up 4 fold for me. It needs to go up another 20 fold to get to the 100 fold. This seems to be very hard for it to do.

2 Likes

Wasn’t paying attention then… busy helping my son… now that he is in college… more freedom.

TSLA does have a potential of a 10 fold win.

An alternative is to trade options, making 50%-100% is daily bread, but too risky to pour big sum into them, so more like trading peanuts, make peanuts.

The three stocks I see lot of potential to grow, but I do not know how big.

1. AEIS - software
  2. UBNT - almost like NVDA like. The founder has 67% share, high quality products (warning careful, today AMC results)
  3. IRBT - good one, competitors are LG. Samsung and dyson, but no way they can beat IRBT quality and price !

All are 12% + up YTD. (caution: IRBT is falling after results). They are all less than 10B, good potential to grow or some giants will take over them.

1 Like

Can you guys speak in English? :smile:

I am a conservative guy, so $4K a month in a policy, < > $1M death benefit, I loan 75% within days, I still keep the $4K in the policy at 6%-12%. It will get me easily to $100K a year in my retirement tax free.

I don’t gamble.

1 Like

@buyinghouse - can you expain the policy? did you meant to say you will take a loan on the policy ?

Neato is the competitor not LG, Samsung and Dyson.

We are now at extreme optimism. Be careful out there…

2 Likes

Is hard to know when the stampede would stop… leaving too early would miss the gargantuan gain… that you would regret… not jumping out on time means you would fall off the cliff with them.

1 Like

Neato also one among them.

http://www.investors.com/news/technology/click/roomba-maker-irobot-facing-increased-competition-from-lg-samsung/

iRobot Roomba has better battery than others and their algorithm is a by product of Military Technology.

I use two Roomba’s, four years before, working nicely. After 3 years replaced the battery bought from Amazon, working nicely till date. The quality and price unbeatable as of date. Last year and last quarter, the demand has increased, mainly by automation (Programmable).

Same way, I used WD-40 which is produced by WDFC - a lubricant company. It is interesting to read their history.

"In 1953, in a small lab in San Diego, California, the fledgling Rocket Chemical Company and its staff of three set out to create a line of rust-prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry.

It took them 40 attempts to get their water displacing formula to work, but on the 40th attempt, they got it right in a big way. WD-40 was born. WD-40 stands for Water Displacement, 40th formula. That’s the name straight out of the lab book used by the chemist who developed the product"

I update here for information purpose, but not with a promotion intention. You make your own decision !

Here is my another dividend payer, 7% - an REIT , a physical asset holder, established since 2005, excellent gross margin and profit margin.

See the chart, how it is growing

Today result announced

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) _ Medical Properties Trust Inc. (MPW) on Thursday reported a key measure of profitability in its fourth quarter. The results beat Wall Street expectations.

The real estate investment trust, based in Birmingham, Alabama, said it had funds from operations of $100.7 million, or 31 cents per share, in the period.

The average estimate of nine analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for funds from operations of 30 cents per share.

Funds from operations is a closely watched measure in the REIT industry. It takes net income and adds back items such as depreciation and amortization.

The company said it had net income of $43 million, or 13 cents per share.

The health care real estate investment trust posted revenue of $153.3 million in the period, which also topped Street forecasts. Five analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $153.2 million.

For the year, the company reported funds from operations of $334.8 million, or $1.28 per share. Revenue was reported as $541.1 million.

Medical Properties expects full-year funds from operations in the range of $1.35 to $1.40 per share.

The company’s shares have risen nearly 6 percent since the beginning of the year. The stock has climbed 23 percent in the last 12 months.

Jil - I got some (frel) at a high last year and held onto it, but still down 5% for me. Are you still optimistic about REIT?

I’m using the Neato bought from Costco, after one year +, the battery starts to give problem… When it finally conked out, would try iRobot.

Most of the REITs are either financing (mortgage or MBS…etc) company and it is very difficult to analyze their future and returns.

There are many different REITs, hotel REIT, Datacenter, Mortgage REIT, Financial REIT…etc.

So, I do not invest in blind REIT like FREL or VNQ. I had FREL and VNQ, they are slow to move up as they are depended on the holdings and their weighted growth. Then, got rid of them.

It is tough to analyze it when mortgage rates and federal fund rates are going up. I am not so positive about overall REIT or REIT ETFs with growing mortgage rate as most of the REITs have term loan at low rate, not fixed loan.

1 Like

My Neato had battery issue right after warranty expired. Replaced it with Roomba a few months ago from Costco. Hope it will last longer than Neato. But I liked the Neato algorithm better - it covers the area better than Roomba.

2 Likes

I have a roomba for a few years. Just got a battery replacement from Amazon. No complaint at all

Costco used to sell Roomba as well

To add more: Because of mortgage rates are going up and FED rates are going up, I look at physically owned (non-mortgage finance/asset related) REITs like SHO, MPW, INVH, OHI companies.

These companies borrowed mortgage at low rate , but not lending to MBS or RMBS.

The chances of getting good return is there as they locked 4-5 year term loan at current low rate and the economic growth next 3-4 years are good with tax cuts and other stimulus money expected.

I prefer healthcare REIT. So far only one round of lot of OHI.

Both OHI and MPW are almost same. MPW was already fallen down, now coming up. OHI just came down, and will be up.

Sho has 27 or 28 well branded hotels, Hyatt Regency San Francisco is one of them. They do well when economy is good.

I will be holding them most likely until next downturn. How to find next downturn is the key issue !