Stock market performs far worse under Trump

2 Likes

Trump doesn’t care about the stock market. He just panders to his base about immigration and tariffs.

4 Likes

Impeach him.

1 Like

Stock market can do whatever. The biggest crime of Trump is that he inherits a strong economy and we were cruising towards the longest expansion in history. And he just destroyed it with his senseless tariffs. So much so that the Fed was still increasing rate last year because economy was strong etc to today when everybody is expecting multiple rate cuts and we are teetering on recession.

2 Likes

Impeach Trump.

1 Like

They’re measuring from the inauguration. Between Obama’s election and inauguration markets crashed at the mere prospect of his presidency. Between Trump’s election and inauguration they soared. So the whole thing falls apart right there.
The most straightforward comparison is between the Bush high of about 14,500, the Obama high of about 18,500, and Trump’s current level of 25,500. On that measure Trump kicks butt. And that’s comparing less than 3 years of Trump to 8 of Obama. Another point of comparision is the broad-based nature of the Trump rally. The S&P, which is capital weighted, isn’t being driven purely by a handful of growth stocks trading at eye-watering multiples. Far more market participants are experiencing gains as far more names are participating under Trump.

2 Likes

We are nowhere near a recession. GDP of 3% in 1st quarter; 2nd quarter numbers out at the end of August. In the meantime - consumer confidence continues to rise. The only thing Trump "destroyed’ was the pathetic 1.9% growth rate under Obama - and it took an over 70% increase in the national debt in Obama’s 8 years just to produced that. Based on the first two years of Trump the national debt will barely increase 30% if he gets a second term.

1 Like

One quarter of 3% growth means little. Obama also had that. Show me one whole year of 3% growth and I will change my opinion on Trump.

JPMorgan’s manufacturing index dipped below 50 this month. Most measures show a sharp slowdown. We are not in recession yet but getting uncomfortably close. Consumer confidence is not a leading indicator. It just shows what people feel today. Stock and bond markets look ahead and its a better gauge of what people feel about the immediate future.

If we get 3% growth, it is because of luck and not because of Trump. He only knows how to damage the economy in order to pursue his evil political plot. He is a moron and so are his supporters.

The irony that the two that use margin the most suddenly hate Trump. I guess we know what happened. Step one is to always blame others.

2 Likes

Gets your facts Straight. On 10/15/07 the DOW was at 14092. From there it steadily declined until at week of the election (11/10/08) when it was at 8946. It ended the year on 12/29/08 at 8515. The stock market did not crash after Obama was elected. The great recession happened when Bush was President, not Obama. Obama got us out of it.

1 Like

You’re the one who doesn’t have any of your facts straight. When Obama was inaugerated the market was at 7500 - nearly 1500 points below where it was when he was elected. And Obama most certainly did NOT get us out of the great recession. He prolonged and deepened it. TARP saved us from a banking collapse. Obama inherited an unemployment rate of 7.8% from Bush. By the end of his first year he had blown it out to 10% - while also blowing the deficit out by 1.4 trillion.

2 Likes

If Trump is a moron with 3% growth than what does it take for a president who blows out the national debt by more than 70% on his watch and has a central bank literally printing money for him to average only 1.9% growth?
If 3% growth, rising wages, tame inflation, the lowest unemployment rate in two generations and new market highs - not to mention a few other details like the near annihilation of ISIS (heard of them lately?) - are the work of a moron than I guess I’m with the moron party. Not sure what term I’d use to describe it’s opposition. Last time they made the news they had a plan to ban air travel and otherwise dismantle western civilization. Before that they engineered the longest government shutdown in history. And they’re still looking for Russians under their beds.

1 Like

I have a Russian in my bed. The Russians are not a problem. Political correctness and liberal guilt are destroying the greatest country on earth. The Russians couldn’t do better job than the current progressives at destroying America.

2 Likes

“Retailers should take note that the spending power of sticker-conscious shoppers is on the rise. Bank of America Merrill Lynch in a new research report said purchases made by low-income consumers (U.S. households making less than $50,000 per year) grew 6% this past April from a year ago, outpacing both middle- and upper-income consumers’ spending growth across the country.”

1 Like

People with minimum wage and above are seeing huge wage increases. I have seen Tahoe unskilled labor costs double in 3 years from $12/hr to $25/hr. The lower middle class is seeing huge wage increases and will drive up rents in less expensive areas. My rents are up from $850 to $1400 for a two bedroom at the same time.

2 Likes

You gave the moron too much credit. All that could’ve been accomplished with a monkey at the helm. And without the bigotry and discrimination.

1 Like

Obama didn’t accomplish that in 8 years and Hillary had no plan to. All we heard was tongue flaping about the “new normal” as though we were just supposed to accept that we could never do better.
And no, wanting ones borders and IP respected is NOT bigotry and discrimination. Neither are protests over destroying war memorials. Obama’s AG’s - and his goons at Interior, EPA, and the rest of the alphabet soup of federal agencies were examples of hatred and bigotry and Hillary offered nothing but more of the same. Things like the Paris Accord so we could have riots and 10% unemployment just like France.

1 Like

Obama and Hillary gave up on the deplorables and those holding on to their bibles and guns. Trump merely used that as an opportunity. But the president always gets credit or blame.

Democrats sold out the entire middle class. I know a lot of people my parents age who were union members and life long democrats. Now they are avid Trump supporters. Democrats only care about their rich donors and giving the poor enough crumbs to buy their vote. Democrats have essentially waged war on the middle class for decades. Now people realize it. The next domino to fall is the poor realizing that democrats aren’t helping them but are holding them back.

2 Likes