Stop Complaining, You Are Probably Doing Ok

I think @hanera can work in an Apple store, but he needs to get rid of his old crappy iPhone first.

Are you willing to hire him to work for you?

Would you get a divorce to save money?

If your spouse is less well off, divorce them. If they are more, then hold on for dear lifeā€¦ :rofl:

Your spouse can certainly take the same principle :rofl:

1 Like

Goodā€¦ that means everyone will get a divorceā€¦ :rofl:

There goes the human species

If you insist on equity and equality, all the marriages will be destroyed

1 Like

I meant more as divorce being a monetary gain from a tax perspective, not as actually splitting up, as @BA_lurker had implied.

I did not imply split up to save on taxes, but donā€™t get married in the first place. just combine households, but donā€™t get married.

Yes, which is why I posed the question, would anyone here consider divorcing (purely for the technicality in the context of filing taxes), but still staying together obviously with kids etc.

For marriage or love making advice?

Our government may sue you for tax fraud from a fake divorce :rofl:

Who wants to deal with sexual harassment issues at work?

1 Like

Way I look at it. If you are going to get divorced to save a few bucks, your relationship has more issues then just that. OTOH, itā€™s perfectly ok in my book to not get hitched in the first place to save a few bucks but still have a family and what not. Because in the former case itā€™s a mercenary transaction overriding your life commitment while in the latter case, you are making a commitment and taking advantage of how the laws are set up to maximize the financial outcome for the family.

Like I always say, make sure you get married if you have very wealthy in lawsā€¦ :rofl:

Inheritance is hers only.

Hong Kong Property Tycoon Gave Away Sonā€™s $400m Inheritance

• Alex Shihā€™s dad gave $400 million Centaline stake to charity

• Like many other Hong Kongers, Shih is saving for first house

:rofl: I love it. Better work hard and stop salivating over your dadā€™s fortune.