Stop Complaining, You Are Probably Doing Ok

If you are married, then you need 2 million to qualify as a “millionaire”. Although, you don’t have to count your dependents…

Are there any renters left on this forum?

Does the $1m per year include appreciation. Personally I would get $1m tax free than a W2 income of $1m. Probably net about $600k only

Yes, @Rent_and_Vent :rofl:

1 Like

Does not count. Because those are not reported to the IRS.

Nationally top 1% earns 450k per year. That’s lightly less than Alameda county. I think we overestimated Bay Area.

Top 1% in other parts of the country may have superb life than people here.

I would rather get rich with appreciation and growing stock values than working.

Yes but a million dollar income looks better on paper… :slight_smile:

Still rent is a good approximate of your property value if there’s no rent control. I think you can add the depreciation into your annual net income to benchmark against the top 1% income.

One benefit for you is that your rental income is more reliable than wages. A $1M wage can become zero when the high earner is laid off.

Just how much money do you need to be among the global 1 percent?

According to the 2018 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse Research Institute, you need a net worth of $871,320 U.S. Credit Suisse defines net worth, or “wealth,” as "the value of financial assets plus real assets (principally housing) owned by households, minus their debts.”

Every bloggers in this forum are in the top 1% :grinning:

That’s how rich Americans really are.

Why compare yourself to all the unfortunate souls in the third world. That’s a false sense of supremacy.

Let’s focus on the 1% in the Bay Area then.

I know I am lucky to live here, to be healthy, to be alive.

1 Like

Let’s start with you. State your net worth, as defined by total assets less total debts.

1 Like

Why bother? It doesn’t matter to you at all. It doesn’t affect your life.

I’m just trying to learn about real estate from you guys but most of the talk here now is stocks and politics.

It’s all about comparing with the Joneses. If your neighbors and friends are doing better than you, you feel sad. Doesn’t matter you are all millionaires. Comparisons are by definition relative.

Start more threads with the content you like to see. Some of the RE threads I started don’t seem to have much traffic, but people enjoy arguing politics all day long.

I contribute to the stocks stuff too. I’m not innocent lol.

I don’t feel sad coming here…

3 Likes

Because in your mind people here are just old farts and given enough years you are certain you will beat them.

2 Likes

I think this comparison is ridiculous. Everything has to be relative to COL.