Stop Complaining, You Are Probably Doing Ok

Criminal record is a big issue too. It can prevent people from getting a job or being able to find a place to rent.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the main reason because most of the homeless in SF are white men and many are not able to work due to drug abuse. More black men have criminal record and but they can live with their family etc.

Are the white parents or siblings very harsh to drug abusing kids?

Come on, isnā€™t the stereotype of white parents that they kick their adult kids at age 18 out and their kids are fine???

I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

Maybe thatā€™s one reason.

Also drug usage in Asian and black population is low. White and Hispanic drug usage percentage more than double the Asian/Black.

Drug usage in Black population is similar to Asian.

Yes

Agree

2 Likes

Work smart is more important than work hard. Cattles are hardworking, but they end up on the dinner table.

2 Likes

I personally kicked my uncle out of the family. He was a life long alcoholic. The family tried a bunch of times to help. He went to rehab a ton of times. It was never court ordered, since he never had a crime related to his drinking. Since it was voluntary, he could leave whenever he wanted. Heā€™d always quit part way through and go back to drinking. Itā€™s not that the family didnā€™t try to get help. Itā€™s that ultimately itā€™s up to the person to want help and accept it.

7 Likes

Are you talking about anyone specific? :thinking:

Wrong choice. Have they stay, one of them could have become emperor like Zhu Yuanzhang. You could well be as successful as Ma Yun.

1 Like

Frankly, why are we focusing on the people who CHOOSE to be lazy and unproductive? Everyone here has worked hard for what they have. We should celebrate that, not put the spotlight on people that hold us backā€¦

Thatā€™s up to your imagination :wink:

Long hours donā€™t mean jack. At the end of the day you are just a W2 slave. Itā€™s never smart to burn yourself out.

2 Likes

Well, the example or reference was to my ancestors who did not have the luxury of an education, so that does mean work hard, like manual labor. Sheeshā€¦ go back to your avocado toastā€¦

1 Like

So? I donā€™t have to go so far back to my ancestors - my dad has his fair share of manual labor. There are ways he can work smarter, but heā€™s so stubborn that he ends up wasting a lot of his energy and time.

1 Like

Self reflection obviously. Not you :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I actually think I need to work harder. I am too lazy.

1 Like

No wonder you are so skinny. Eat more. :shushing_face:

She has revealed that she worked very hard in college. If she had worked a little smarter, she could marry a 30M instead of working hard on 10M :rofl:

1 Like

Or, you go to the flip side (esp with your generational peeps)ā€¦ you do ONE thing great and you want to be promoted immediately. Welcome to the real worldā€¦

Umā€¦ I canā€™t think of any famous politician or businessman ever from Toishan.