Stop Complaining, You Are Probably Doing Ok

100M

1 Like

Totally agree. Wasting time because your systems are poorly designed is not smart.

1 Like

The panhandlers are working smarter than the can collecting granny. Probably make more money too.

1 Like

@manch, if both husband and wife in FAANG, start from $400k to around $1M. I am not talking about director level salaries here.

1 Like

He wasn’t asking about salaries, he was asking about health insurance premiums. If you work for FAANG the monthly premium is probably paid for by the employer already, unless they have gone cheap and make you shell out $50/month.

Got it. As far as I know none of the FAANGs pay full premiums; at least 3 don’t. I heard that Microsoft has the best health plan.

Looks like @harriet is lucky to have her premiums fully paid for.

Health insurance cost, the true cost your employer pays, is proportional to the average employee age. If you work for a young comany, it does not cost that much since most of the employees spend less on medical than clothes.

Most of the big companies self insure so they pay 100% of the cost when you go to hospital. Fortunately health insurance company processes the paperwork so your employer doesn’t know when you have a very expensive illness. Otherwise, people would lose those job and health insurance when they are expensive medical consumers.

:+1::+1:

Spending your whole life amassing an w2 income is a tough life since you keep maybe 50-60 cents of every dollar you gross.

Finding a way to generate income where you keep, say, 80 cents out of every dollar you gross is a better way.

1 Like

A w2 paycheck helps obtain a mortgage. Also many w2 jobs pay more than you can get otherwise.

Unless you can scale a business and make at least 3x than a w2 paycheck, it’s not worth it.

I pay ~$300/mo for medical, dental, and vision. I picked the most expensive PPO plan. It wasn’t free at AAPL either. Employees contribute towards it, but they did a good job of holding the employee portion flat the whole time I was there.

MSFT has the best. I’m not sure if it’s still true, but they use to pay 100% of the premiums. Their vision even covered laser eye correction surgery once. I’ve never heard of another company covering that.

If you think a few hundred for healthcare is a big difference, then try not paying state income tax :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1:

Can’t remember your age, young 60s like me or old farts 40s like manch?

I think he is in his 40s.

Seem like the 40s understood the foolishness of W2 :slight_smile: Are you guys aging prematurely :joy:
OTOH, I quitted W2 since 40s too.

1 Like

What did you do to replace your w2 income and then scale up?

I pay 2k a month for a family of 4. Pretax dollars. Not complaining.

2k a month for what?

How does you coverage compare with Intel? How much deductible and what’s the coinsurance? can you freely go to Stanford, UCSF and any other good doctors?

2k for health insurance.

1 Like

My plan’s docs are mostly in SF and some in San Mateo county. None in SCC. I have seen doctors graduated from Harvard and UCSF. I think it’s pretty alright. But I have never been to hospitals in either plan so no experience with the bigger ticket items.

1 Like