Stop Complaining, You Are Probably Doing Ok

If you’re afraid of being replaced, you are already replaceable… :frowning:

Harriet is not afraid because she knows she is not replacable.

2 Likes

Sure. I guess when you run your own company, you make your own deadlines.

Sorry, everyone IS replaceable. You are older, so I expect you to know that…

Hey, I don’t have a dog in the fight so she is partially right about automation. I will be dust by the time automation probably becomes the norm in most if not all industries. You might tell Miss Millennial to be prepared because that just might be when she is in her prime earning years, if not sooner.

Environmentalists should applaud the old lady who collects cans. City government should also applaud since they clean the street for free.

Some people are not friendly to the old lady who collects cans.

2 Likes

Again, I am a realist. Should I prefer that she is working or instead panhandling for money? Which one?

Pride is bullshit, something capitalists brainwash the working bees so they would work for a pittance. Go ask that granny whether she wants pride or 100 bucks cash.

1 Like

WTH are you talking about? Of course she would PREFER to be given cash but she doesn’t want to beg for it. Are you really that dense, Sir?

1 Like

I think we should regulate panhandling business. Only people disabled should qualify for long term panhandling.

But online panhandling and high end non-profit fund raising (high end panhandling) is rampant and none of them feel embarrassed.

This and that foundation raise money in the name of public interest but used for personal consumption, or spent most of raised fund on salary.

I like to give to the street panhandling better.

Depends where she’s collecting cans from. If it’s from Recology Blue bins, it’s not helping anyone and increases everyone’s collection costs. If it’s from the trash cans, totally applaud them!

Feel the same way.
I am a bit surprised by cofidence level of posters here.
I feel lucky to survive up to this point.

2 Likes

Why? You should feel very confident since you are at least top 10% Korean women at least in Korea

Why work hard when there’s life to enjoy. More than half of your life is already gone. You want to work hard and suffer through the rest of it???

4 Likes

We should work only if we enjoy the work.

Maybe the younger generations are different, but grannies nowadays would take pride.

Does that go for schooling too? One of my kids hates school. Should I take him out? What can I do with him?

I’m actually serious.

I hardly compare myself to others. (I am naturally not very interested in how others do.)
I usually compare myself to my own standard/goal and always feel like I should/can do better than now.

That’s perfectionism. What if your own standard keeps rising?

My standard/goal is not that high.

Working for pride is mostly bullshit, especially you are taking about low level manual labor like collecting cans. I see this as a failure of society to have 80 year olds out in the elements scraping a crappy living.

There’s no shame asking for help either. If society is not going to take care of that granny, I’d much rather have her sitting in the shade somewhere panhandling. Money is money. It’s better to have an easier way to make money than a harder way. Pride is bullshit.

1 Like

Only work hard if you are gifted and can achieve fame. Such as Zuckerberg or at least Sheryl. Otherwise, just be a couch potato and enjoy life.