Tenant Screening

And I have heard good things about rentprep

I use Zillow for everything. Listing, tenant screening, lease agreement, rent collection. Everything works just fine for me.

I have seen quite a few folks complaining online that Zillow screening is not robust so I avoided it. Listing and lease are really good on Zillow. I went the route of zelle transfers for rent.

I used to use SmartMove and they were essentially same with Zillow background check. Credit and background check for the applicants. On top of this, I request the last pay stub to prove income and reference from the previous landlord if necessary.

I donā€™t use Zelle since it allows partial payment from tenant (which could make eviction process more difficult). However, we should avoid this situation in the first place. Hence, as long as you choose good tenants, you probably donā€™t have to worry about this.

Well, look at all those tech layoffs. You may have thought initially that that Google employee who makes oh $!50-$200K just out of college is a safe tenant but boom he/she gets laid off. What can you do? Nothing.

True.

However, I think most of them got jobs before their severance package was gone. At least, that was the case with my friends/ex-coworkers.

In any cases, I donā€™t use zelle or venmo because of the potential issue with partial payment.

2 Likes