Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

So they are producing 4200 cars per week. Not 5000 but who cares.

I’m confused how paint can’t keep up. Paint is automated now. They ground the chassis and the car goes through the paint boot on a carriage. The paint is electrically charged and sprayed onto the car as the line moves it through the paint booth. If they can’t keep up, it means they have having paint quality problems and doing a lot of repairs.

I should tell my dad to apply for a job there. He worked paint repair at a GM factory for years. He can do that stuff in his sleep. The clear coat is super particular. If it’s too thin or too thick, it ruins the whole paint job. Then you have to remove all the paint and start over. It takes a lot of practice to perfect doing it by hand. He’s enjoying being retired though.

2 Likes

People that don’t drink the Musky koolaid

Doood Musk… you gotta succeed for … Fremont :smile:

Seriously, though Doood Musk… you gotta succeed for the environment, new technology… etc etc.

1 Like

Musk is like a timeshare salesman in Mexico. He asking people to pay up front for cars he can’t produce. Even at 5000 per week he has a backlog of 100 weeks

1 Like

I think this is trying to find fault everywhere. The $2,500 is to finalize your configuration and only due when you have are close to final delivery (couple of weeks). at least that’s what i recall from my purchase experience.

2 Likes

What’re your opinions of the car, now that you’ve owned it for a month or 2?

Incorrect. I got an email to “finalize” my Model 3 order yesterday with an estimated delivery time of 3-5 months.

Elon is trying to goose earnings at quarter close. Clever, clever.

3 Likes

Everyone can see through it though :slight_smile:

Is it good news for Tesla stock or is it already priced in?

Sky is the limit. Market cap could eventually match and surpass FANGs.

Oh my goodness…

1 Like

TSLA $400 on Monday?

They need to stop with these 1 week spurts at the end of the quarter and do something sustainable. After last quarter EOQ spurt they stalled for almost a month. The quality is crap. I have 7 issues waiting on Tesla service to fix. A friends entire trunk was loose and not attached to the frame

5 Likes

What? Dump your current Tesla and go buy a new Tesla! :rofl:

@manch is going to say something…wait for it…

In fact, my son told me all these and stopped me getting a Tesla. We are going to buy our 2nd Chevy Bolt on July 3rd or 4th and cancelling two Tesla then.

2 Likes

What? Raining on people’s parade is not my thang. :smile:

1 Like

Really… :rofl: