Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

For TSLA, no one can kill it (Except Elon Muck !) while TSLA kills others by its innovation, leadership in the field.

It can not be TSLA killer, I already posted KONA is competitor like BOLT.

With all these competitions, TSLA will emerge as winner.

Look at my repost, Why TSLA?

1 Like

Are you seriously so delusional? :scream:

Yes. Are you? :smile:

This is my pure guesswork :sweat_smile:
If I guess right, manch chooses deliberately opposite site, even though he knows the truth, just to make sure how strong we are ! :laughing:
We say left, he says right and vice versa ! :rofl:

1 Like

My next car will be electric… whenever my Prius (my 2nd one) dies. Whatever can get 200+ miles on a charge and is not a freakin’ $50,000 car. No way I would ever spend that kind of money on something that gets me from point A to point B and depreciates like a rock, and gets beat up in the city while I drive it.

I paid USD 21K for my Prius in 2010, and I’d like it to last at least 10 years before it dies.

Right now, I’d buy a Chevy Bolt or maybe this Hyundai Kona.

2 Likes

Only buy electric car when I don’t need to charge them daily, once a week is bearable, no need to charge would be desirable. Less than $50k is a must, less than $30k is desirable. Btw, how often do I need to change battery?

I trust Korean engineering more than American when it comes to cars. Buy before they run out of tax credits.

Curious - Why? Isn’t it easy enough just to park in your home’s garage and plug it in before entering the house every day? That takes less than a minute… Just top off the battery to make sure you have 250+ mile range every time you drive it???

I’d like to see a $25K price point. I doubt you have to change the battery much. My first prius had 150K miles on it before it got totaled. My 2nd prius now has 150K miles on it and is still going strong.

Quite frankly I think these days, the quality of Korean/American/Japanese cars are all quite similar. Not so 20 years ago, but now its pretty competitive. I’ve driven a lot of cars — for five years I was renting a new car from Hertz every week for work — so I’ve driven lots of stuff out there.

To be fair, the Hyundai Sonatas I rented were pretty impressive.

5 years is not enough time to test a brand’s reliability and durability. I suspect Tesla cars suck at those two metrics. I’d wait another 10 years to be convinced American car firms have fully caught up.

I am a forgetful old man. The less must do, the better.

Given my driving pattern, I change battery every 2-3 years. With so many batteries, I think I need to change once (may be more) per year.

Guess who missed their chance to buy Tsla at $275? Manch, aalj, and hanera.

Enough said. :rofl:

1 Like

I sold at $275 to you! Now please organize the meetup :tired_face: Note that I am not staying in Cupertino anymore, need 1+ hr drive or few hours flight. Work fast or I would be a few days flight away soon.

1 Like

Perm move to Austin or Temp?

Now in SC, to Austin next year. Guess is temp, after that is Singapore. Remember I am one of the those few who don’t think USA is more desirable than my homeland. See why I use PM, invariant to where I live.

Wrong assumption, you are talking theoretically.

Home charger cost $440 ( Siemens VersiCharge L2 EV Charger 30A ), installation $350 (electrician work - mandatory).

You get 11 cents/KWH with EV rates from PGE.

With bolt, you can charge once in 2 days. This charger has auto start functionality, you just plug in, it will start from 11 PM, finish in 2 hours.

Last 5 years, we have been using like this, no issue.

All I spend is just $280/month lease (Leather+premium audio), $40/month on electricity for each car.

Must do, bad.

With bolt, I can confidently drive up to San Francisco and come back home without recharging in between.

My relative is working in Hyundai informed me. Kona is depute this year, they sold only 500 at California this year. It may take another 6-12 months for full fledged roll out.

Jil,

You didn’t get my subtle message. EV is supposed to be an improvement over petrol car. So I expect less work not more worries. If not much improvement, more work and cost more, no way I would change.

I pump petrol once a week, so I expect at most charging once a week.
I change battery every 2-3 years, so I expect the need to change battery to be longer.
My cars cost between $40k-$50k, so EV should be cheaper.

What petrol car you use once a week petrol? How many gallons? How many miles it drives with on fill up?

SC = ?