Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

This is apple vs orange (TSLA) !

AAPL, Tim Cook hidden the sales reduction while whole world analysts were openly telling that, finally revealed the truth at inappropriate time. Tim Cook surrendered to all analysts prediction. Big institutions, who employed analysts, sold stocks (dip from $232) and saved money at the expense of retail investors money (as they do not have any knowledge about sales dip). Negative information/growth.

TSLA, trying to control the finances/expenses, positive information and he is telling ahead of the results, exactly like NFLX price hike before results. TSLA and NFLX did the opposite, upfront information to public.

The dip should be based on temporary market fear, but long term good for company growth - which is positive for investors. There may be further slight dip, eventually it will recover from support line.

TSLA is touching the support line.

1 Like

Horizontal support is $260 :scream:

1 Like

How come? Is it not $243 - limit purchase price ?? :rofl:

Wondering whether I should sell my large stake acquired at $308 :cold_sweat:

Musk is cutting workforce lately. He is not stupid, there might be issues for tech economy overall.

1 Like

LOL: Don’t you want to compete with WQJ ? Only way to do is buy bigger TSLA stake than him ! :joy::rofl:

Some one posted this…

1 Like

Tesla also laid off 9% last year.

1 Like

Looking from a positive perspective, could be a result of increased productivity or matured manufacturing, so don’t need that many employees. Any1 working in TSLA?

Didn’t they layoff salaried employees not line workers? Those are totally different job types. It’s not like they are laying off US factory workers to hire factory workers in China. That just just an idiotic article to take a shot at Trump. That’s what 90% of the media is now. I wonder if these reporters are proud of their work.

Source Tesla site: https://www.tesla.com/blog/tesla-company-update

In Q3 last year, we were able to make a 4% profit. While small by most standards, I would still consider this our first meaningful profit in the 15 years since we created Tesla. However, that was in part the result of preferentially selling higher priced Model 3 variants in North America. In Q4, preliminary, unaudited results indicate that we again made a GAAP profit, but less than Q3. This quarter, as with Q3, shipment of higher priced Model 3 variants (this time to Europe and Asia) will hopefully allow us, with great difficulty, effort and some luck, to target a tiny profit.

However, starting around May, we will need to deliver at least the mid-range Model 3 variant in all markets, as we need to reach more customers who can afford our vehicles. Moreover, we need to continue making progress towards lower priced variants of Model 3. Right now, our most affordable offering is the mid-range (264 mile) Model 3 with premium sound and interior at $44k. The need for a lower priced variants of Model 3 becomes even greater on July 1, when the US tax credit again drops in half, making our car $1,875 more expensive, and again at the end of the year when it goes away entirely.

Sorry for all these numbers, but I want to make sure that you know all the facts and figures and understand that the road ahead is very difficult. This is not new for us – we have always faced significant challenges – but it is the reality we face.

Aren’t line workers also salaried employees? Never assume.

I’m not aware of any company where line workers are salaried. Tesla posts the jobs with hourly wage rates not salaries. If those people are salaried and working 12-hour days, 7-days a week, then they are getting screwed.

This point is not important to me as far as my investment vision is concerned.

People can already buy a 35K EV. It’s called Hyundai. :smile:

Why don’t you quickly get a hold of some of its stocks then; I’m sure that’s going to be a company that will change the face of this world.

Kona EV? Year 2018, they rolled out only 500 cars, still not completely available in the market yet. Hyundai real production roll out by end of 2019 and thereafter.

My relative is working in Hyundai and I will be buying the Hyundai Kona, with employee discount, as my next EV by 2020 (waiting for the roll out).

Buy or lease(any brand EV)? Buying gets one the Tax credit so buying better?

If you buy, you get full tax credit $7500 when you file taxes.

If you lease,leasing company gets tax credit, but they discount 60% to 80% to customer. Example, Bolt year 2017, they provided $6000 credit out of $7500, but year 2018 they reduced discount to $5000 out of $7500 they get from tax credit. Nowadays, they exceeded tax credit limit, like TSLA, they would have reduced the discount even more.

I prefer lease as I can change a car every 3 years as California changes EV car pool sticker rules every 5 years.

1 Like

All Express lanes hov will be/are valid only for 3+ and discounted 50% for EV car pool stickers & 2+. So, free is only for 3+. This is for express lanes with fasttrak, don’t know if it extends to all car pool lanes. Probably lot of car pool lanes are being converted to HOV with fasttrak.

Correct, by 2022 EV car pool is done unless CA extends it which I doubt in view of fastrak. By that time, EV technologies will be better and cost effective. Sedans like model 3 will be available for $20-25k range.

Until car pool rule is there, I will prefer lease as car pool is removed for pre-2017 cars. Once car pool sticker period is over, and when battery technology has longer life - say 10-15 years, I may prefer buying it.

Presently, 5%-8% drop every year the mileage range. The GM bolt I bought was 235 miles/charge rating, actually gives 200 miles/charge that reduces to 170 miles/charge by the end of 3 years.

When cars are coming to 500 miles/charge, then it is economical to buy and use for more than 8 years. We need to have replaceable batteries to extend the life term of battery car. IIRC, Tesla gives it,replaceable batteries, but delayed in delivery.

Technology is still evolving, that is why I prefer leasing (easy to go for new car).

1 Like