Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

SpaceX will probably be eventually consolidated into Tesla turning it into a true conglomerate.

Space X is bigger project than TSLA. Elon makes it incremental, Grabbing NASA contract after appealing to congress.

Ultimate is to commercialize the flight to public.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-12/spacex-s-valuation-climbs-to-25-billion-with-new-funding-round

The value of Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies Corp. keeps reaching new heights.

The rocket maker authorized a $507 million fundraising round on April 5 at a valuation of about $25 billion, according to PitchBook Data. With that increase in SpaceX’s worth, Musk’s fortune would rise about $1.4 billion to $21.3 billion, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index calculations.

SpaceX is poised to become the third-most valuable venture-backed startup in the U.S., after Uber Technologies Inc. and Airbnb Inc., PitchBook said. Musk plans to fly roughly 30 missions this year and has completed seven to date. On Monday, SpaceX is slated to launch a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida with a National Aeronautics and Space Administration satellite as the payload.

1 Like
1 Like

Tesla’s Model 3 Dominated the Global Electric-Car Market in 2018

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-23/tesla-s-model-3-dominated-the-global-electric-car-market-in-2018?srnd=premium

1 Like

Bullish for TSLA?

Indeed. That means Tesla is the fastest in replacing its workforce with automation. Huge cost reduction by eliminating salaries will drive the stock price too the moon.

1 Like

Must mean Tesla’s future is as bright as eBay and Snap. :smile:

Layoffs can be for different reasons. You have to analyze things individually rather than blindly applying data.

1 Like

With current economic situations, hiked rate environment, all real estate and car companies will have challenges as cost of manufacturing increases and cost of credit (RE&Cars) increases with FED’s rate hike.
Compare to GM, Ford lay off, TSLA lay off is tiny ! When economy recovers, TSLA is first to recover.

2 Likes

Well, I thought Tesla has been firing salaried employees and holding on to the factory guys? That’s exactly the opposite of your automation claim.

That means Tesla must be automating the jobs of those people which costs much more than lowly factory workers. Highly bullish!!!

1 Like

I do not have any doubt about Elon’s or his CFO’s decisions. They are shrewd and calculative on the operations.

The only challenge, I foresee, is sales and cost of manufacturing as the rates for credit is increased. Elon was pointing the same issue during the conference call.

Introducing leasing is a way to improve sales and Tesla is also following this now.

I just got only tiny Tesla shares as I will have cash to buy at dip ( if there is dip )!

1 Like

Buy buy buy!!! Deal of the century!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The biggest news is that the all-electric BYD Yuan set its eight consecutive sales record in eight months on the market and with 10,093 sales, is #1 in the plug-in electric car segment in China. It’s also the first ever five-digit result set by a BYD plug-in model. It seems that the market for affordable ($25,000) subcompact crossovers with 42 kWh batteries and up to 300 km (186 miles) in NEDC range is vast.

1 Like

Long term winner is EV cars, not plug-in cars. BYD is no match to TSLA or GM. When TSLA manufacturers in China, you will see it hurts BYD.

If people like dividend, go for GM (full EV fleet by 2023), but growth it is TSLA.

1 Like

EV means plug-in.

1 Like

No, EV is fully electric vehicles. Direct electrical energy to motors to run cars, 90% efficiency.

Plug-in has gas components (Internal combustion) which generates electricity and then that electricity is used to run the motors. First 20% efficiency convert gas to electricity and then 90% efficiency to run cars.

Most internal combustion engines are incredibly inefficient at turning fuel burned into usable energy. The efficiency by which they do so is measured in terms of “thermal efficiency”, and most gasoline combustion engines average around 20 percent thermal efficiency.

Conventional gasoline vehicles only convert about 17%–21% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels.” An electric motor typically is between 85% and 90% efficient. … Gasoline contains about 33 kWh of energy per gallon. The Tesla uses 320 Wh/mile of energy (85 kWh/265 miles)

Plug-in cars, more parts of manufacturing like IC engine cars, more costs of manufacturing, less efficiency in energy transformation. Low profit margin.

EV cars less manufacturing parts, high efficiency (less maintenance and running cost for users), high profit margin.

Full EV is a winner for long term, all others die soon.

1 Like
1 Like

Wait for it…

Cars are too risky for cash-rich companies like Apple and Google to go into. IMHO, avoid. TSLA can take all the risks because it hardly have cash. Notice TSLA is perpetually cash strapped… ideal for exploring such initiatives. The moment Apple announced selling cars, I think I will SELL OUT.
Lawyers are all waiting in the wind to sue billions of dollars for whatever faults that they can assign to these cash-rich companies. You can get crippling sue like those experienced by BP and PGE.