The biggest mistake millennials make is not buying a home

The weather in Daly City is not appealing. If I wanted fog and cold, I mind as well stay in the Sunset…

Obviously, everyone has their preferences but when constant overbidding is happening in a neighborhood (Sunset) people are obviously demonstrating their desire to be there with ultimately what matters, their pocketbook. Richmond is far from 280, simple as that. During the summer months, 19th Ave traffic can be really heavy and stalled. Again, the Richmond is fine if you happen to stay within the Fab 7x7 almost exclusively but most people will want to venture outside the city at some point. Come on, you do realize who you are talking to right? I adore the city 250% and even I want to get away…

1 Like

We’re talking harriett’s friends. How much time do they spend at home anyways?

1 Like

Ok. Could you explain exactly where the Fab 7x7 is? I actually have no idea.

That’s San Francisco city and county. It’s a “fabulous 7x7 square miles” I presume… :wink:

1 Like

How is that different from Sunset? I thought Sunset was part of SF.

I guess I’m misreading things.

??? Nobody ever said Sunset wasn’t… :rofl:

1 Like

I misunderstood something sfdragonboy was trying to say…

You can get off the floor. it’s not dignified at your age.

??? Then at what age would such action be dignified? :rofl:

Um… then I suppose you are talking at the level of age 1… :rofl:

@Terri,

Hmm, not sure where I got off the main road…

I was just commenting on your comment that Daly City was a good spot (end of BART line, not anymore really, but sort of…). A lot of investors here love Daly City, but the weather is a deal breaker for me. Pricing is actually doable and there is plenty of inventory relatively and one can probably do inlaw action on those two story SFHs there, which is a plus. Are you confusing Richmond with the neighborhood north of the Golden Gate Park vs the city of Richmond in the East Bay?

Not the friend who hates Sunset. She does everything inside the city. In fact she was thinking about selling her car because it’s idle in her garage all the time.

You are right. Unlike me, most of them go out everyday and can’t stand staying in at all. The friend with roommates is a bit better in that sometimes he’d run outside with me on an off day, but the rest of them can never take a break.

Wow, someone actually loves the Fab 7x7 more than me…

I don’t think she loves it. She’s just too lazy to drive most of the time when everything is accessible in the city.

1 Like

Yeah, the city is full of free outdoor bathrooms. What’s not to love :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah–I understand the weather is a downer. But I thought we were talking about harriet’s friends anyways.

Mostly my confusion was that one of your posts made it sound like Fab 7x7 was a sub-part of SF. I just read it wrong. That was all.

The biggest mistake ever is not to buy when you can afford it.

The end.

“Affordable” is a malleable concept. You can rent out rooms to make the burden less, or you may commute longer distance. Drive till you qualify. It all depends on how bad you want it. If you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it affordable.