The Biggest Regrets People Have After Buying

After 2009, houses in lesser neighborhood has appreciated much much more than A neighborhood.

After a few years, when price difference between A, B and C locations is smaller, it’ll be th time to exchange B/C to A. Only downside is higher property tax and commission cost. And a violation of “never sell” principle.

3 Likes

Both were same price at that time, around $670k. South SJ 4/2.5 2300 sq ft. Cupertino is in Monta Vista HS district 3/2 1300 sq ft. Today, South SJ house is around $1.0 to $1.1M. Cupertino should go for $1.6M to $1.9M.

It was just my wife and me, so we don’t really need the space. But looking at the properties, we got attracted to the new, larger house. I remember at the time, we were saying, should we follow the 3 rules in real estate? Location, location, location. But then we figured we spend all our time at home, so for our needs, better house is better. Looking back, we were so foolish. :confounded:

It’s surprising that a SSJ house had the same price as a Cupertino house. Was it in 2005-2007?

At the market peak, differencw between A and C locations becomes very small. You can wait for the next peak, hopefully you can sell SSJ and buy Cupertino at around the same price then

1 Like

and then after market crash, you swap with anohter one in A location, pay less property tax haha

Yes, @BAGB, I had this same thought. I don’t care what our Fearless Leader thinks about San Ho, but it wasn’t all that years ago, or was it???

It was almost twice the size. Cost per sq ft was very different between the two.

That was 2002-2003. Yes, significant difference in sq feet.

Mark Twain knew a lot the value of land…They don’t build it anymore to paraphrase…But urbanites have had that knowledge bred out or them…like a lot of other common sense

I guess SSJ 2300sq ft house should be more than 1.0M-1.1M.
Did you check the recent sold price of the neighborhood?

Let’s check again in 2022. In another 5 years your SSJ house may catch up with Cupertino again. Real estate is a long game.

My biggest regret is not being born several years earlier to enjoy the bigger RE discounts.

2 Likes

I thought that 40 years ago…Now I wish I was born 30 years go with knowledge I have now…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t care what our Fearless Leader thinks about San Ho, but it wasn’t all that years ago, or was it???
[/quote]

You must be about my age, sfdragonboy. Not too many people here know that refers to Boris and Natasha’s boss on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.

Honestly, I didn’t either but you are probably correct about age. Let’s just say I grew up wearing SF Derby jackets and had permed hair.