The nightmare of getting a permit

70 by 45 and 70 by 33 are the sizes. Are you saying 200 is cheap or not? I was thinking pretty darn cheap :slight_smile: looking at the thread here.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have an easy way/contact to check that for you. But yeah, $200 sounds good. I was just asking. One thing to remember or check on is probably the warranty. One thing good about Milgard is that when one of my casements failed (the seals between the panes failed thus causing moisture condensation to appear in my window) they will fix (lifetime warranty I think). Is your local maker someone who has been around for a long time and will stand by each and every window?

Lifetime warranty is what they said. My contractor was using them for many years now.

Thanks, BAGB, but I insource my own window measurement. I make that $10k payment to a subsidiary company to keep my books cooked

I got 70 x 50 sliding for 180 from manufacture from Hayward back in June, in the same ballpark as you. It is pretty decent quality.

Cool

My thread was trying to point out the absurdity of permits costing more than the windowā€¦No wonder no one bothers to get a permitā€¦There are plenty of cheap windows out thereā€¦I have found acceptable used 6ā€™ slider doors for $100ā€¦Still havenā€™t found a 5ā€™ used one yet

Cool. Which house are these windows for? Fremont? Newark? Union City? Are you and @myo getting crazy inquiries from realtors about your Fremont homes? I keep telling them I want way top dollar or donā€™t bother me. I ainā€™t stupid. These Fremont home values are increasing by the minuteā€¦