This house will tell us how much price have depreciated since april

Are you referring to this Fremont house or the one in Lynbrook? Why do they have water problem?

Lot of bay area homes are built on soil that keeps producing water. I have seen this in Palo Alto and Cupertino homes. Just walk in the backyard and you can tell. Some of them so bad they need a pump to get that water out or foundation will get damaged. Owners will dump them during times like this and buyers feel they got a great deal. @Elt1 can tell you more about them. That’s probably the reason he advises people to stay away from concrete slab foundations. It’s almost impossible to fix it. It could be a brand new home. In fact you should be more careful if it’s brand new. :grinning:

1 Like

Is it from the rain in the winter? Someone said that you can install drain around the house and it should be ok. Unless you have one story underground, it can be fixed.

Pump is a cheap fix and it’s acceptable to many people.

I’m wondering whether water is a common issue in Florida due to numerous swamps.

1 Like

A high ground water table can cause that or the grade level. I have seen too many homes in Lynbrook area with that issue. @Jane can probably give you more details for that area.

Luckly, my very first offer got accepted when i bought my primary(i made an offer on the first day of open house). As a result, i didn’t go through many disclosure package reviews at that time and don’t have good knowledge about issues in houses in the area. However, this is my first time learning about such issues in this area (neighbors/friends in this area never mentioned such issue). I recently got full inspection from structural engineer when i found a few cracks on the wall and he said everything looked good. I also asked about any issue with ground and soil in the area and he said he had hardly seen foundation issues in this area. He mentioned the area with highest foundation issues was San Mateo.
That’s actually why i asked detailed info.

1 Like

Look at the customer reviews for this company. They are all from San Jose. By the way, I am not vouching for this company. I chose them randomly for information purpose.

Hum…
This is plumbing company in San Jose.
Isn’t it natural for them to get reviews from San Jose residents?
Besides, if you read reviews, all of them are talking about general plumbing issues like pipe, faucet and water heater. I couldn’t find a single review on pumping water.

Yes, you are right. I did not see any review for sump pumps. I have seen at least 10 homes in Lynbrook area that had major crawl space water issues. You can even see that there are settlement problems because of that. I wish I had kept all the old home inspection reports.

Back on the market, at a higher price!!!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fremont/4275-Peregrine-Way-94555/home/1320083

$98k below asking…

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1828-Castro-Dr-95130/home/1777165