Time To Start Using Northern California Megaregion

Cash cow? Or appreciating like crazy?

Makes sense for future residents, but not to people already living in PA and SV. That’s what rent control is all about. It protects current renters at the expense of future renters.

People don’t want affordable housing for all. They just want affordable housing for themselves, and not for anyone else. Because? It’s gonna screw up traffic, overcrowding schools, libraries, parks etc. The unspoken message is: we want this place for ourselves, at the price we like.

Huh?

It’s pretty built out already. Unless you want to eliminate all that experimental cropland they have.

As someone pointed out in another forum, HSR isn’t just last century, it’s two century old tech.

Even the theoretical hyperloop seems more economical and sensible compared to making the iron horse move faster.

Airliners move at more than twice the speed of HSR and there are a lot less ROW issues involved. But, we want to go with a land based transport system at much greater cost.

Who hoo!

By the way, mercifully, the promise of cap and trade funding has faded. And fast!

Public transit was promised a never ending gold mine of funding for expansion and operations. But, only a fraction of the promise has materialized and we’re back to squabbling over scraps like the toll funds from the seven BA state bridges. (Do you know how much of your bridge toll is used for purposes other than supporting the bridge you are crossing?)

Why is it that Sacramento has not been considered for exiting CA companies? Is it that other states simply are that much lower in taxes and have thrown too much money at those companies? Is it that Sac Town simply sucks and SF should really be the capital of the state???:slight_smile:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2016/10/05/sacramento-and-bay-area-economic-groups-want-to.html

They have it all backwards. How many people in the bay area attend a university here? Most people in the bay area get a degree outside the bay area, then they move here for the jobs. That’s why we have such a high concentration of people with degrees and advanced degrees.

Sure, but why aren’t more companies (especially tech) willing to take advantage of the proximity of SacTown to SF/SV instead of going OOS??? Is it that simply no one wants to move out there to work there in Sac Town for these companies?

Why move to Sac if you can move to Pleasanton or Livermore? People can commute in from Tracy or Stockton.

1 Like

You know, maybe (or finally) Sac Town is going the way of Oak Town. Making the turn for the better and finally getting some traction. The high prices here locally should be accelerating that, one would think…

I think Sac needs to embrace its own identity and its own niche. Chasing the big Bay Area tech cos to set up satellite offices in Sac is not going to do much of anything…

I’m sure part of moving out of the bay area is locating outside of CA too. CA has some of the worst business red tape in the country. The less employees you have here the better.

This is why I am bullish on the Sacramento MSA

1 Like

I have been saying this for years. And betting on it since 1999.

1 Like
1 Like