Time too buy in Tahoe

Unfortunately if you have rentals in Cali, you will pay Ca income tax on their income no matter where you live…One way to avoid that tax would be to leverage them up and put the proceeds into Nevada properties. .The other option is to exchange them to out of state properties

1 Like

@Manch, I don’t like 3671 Spruce for a number of reasons…First it is butt ugly…Second the roof, Third possible drainage issues…Fourth the seller doesn’t seem motivated. .Time to make a low ball offer…This winter might put the long time owner over the edge…lol

Been on and off market since 3/13…asked $595k then up to $819k last year…This seller hasn’t a clue as to the value…

Yea, you are right. 3671 Spruce is butt ugly. :smile:

@Jil…Everything in Tahoe is on discount thanks to the snow… I got 20% off my fine for showing up in court this week for driving without a seatbelt…lol

1 Like

3671 Spruce has a vacancy. .The idiot seller is asking too little. …This building will never sell.
Pays all utilities except electric…Market rent is $900…I get $850 for a 350sf 1 bd two blocks away
His units are over 500sf

$775 / 1br - 1 Bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment South Lake Tahoe (3671 Spruce Ave.)
1BR / 1Ba available feb 15

apartment
no smoking
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom downstairs unit for $775/month, $775 security deposit, month-to-month lease, gas included, tenant is responsible for electric, no pets.

Lake Tahoe got eight feet of snow in this storm. Still think it is time to buy?

2 Likes

We only got 2’ at my house. 4’ at Heavenly. Powder heaven for skiers. Houses are selling site unseen with multiple overs offer asking.
We love Tahoe… a year round vacation paradise.
Best news from storms. We went from 50 to 80% average water content in just a few days. Kirkwood got 8’. Mammoth got 10’ . Great skiing now. Plows have moved all the snow. The tourists are flooding in. Definitely a bigger problem than snow for road congestion.

People are coming and buying even in the storm. My wife helped her clients buy one this week. People were fighting to get in the house even though getting stuck in the snow. The listing agent was trying to keep people away, too crazy. The inspections had to be done in the storm. Her client flew in from LA. Barely made it from Reno airport at midnight before the storm started dumping. They had 1031 hot money. Bought site unseen. Contingencies removed in 5 days. Roof and decks covered in snow. Could not be inspected.

1 Like

Got 2-3 feet here in Strawberry. This was my start on Tuesday. Had to re-do it Wendsday. Around the garage and up the driveway so I could dig out the Crosstek. Took until yesterday to clear the whole driveway and the deck. I lost three honest pounds since last week.

Someone posted a picture of Heavenly this morning. Looks like a zoo there.

1 Like

What the heck is the guy in red at lower right wearing? An N95 for the ski slopes?

That is not a mask. That is someone behind him wearing a yellow jacket.
Heavenly was a zoo today. Plus everywhere people were parked and sledding on the side of the road. I don’t ski Saturdays. But yesterday was crowded and tomorrow will be crowded too. Best snow of the season.

1 Like

how are the roads in Strawberry/Twain Harte? we may go sledding tomorrow. :hide:

I have no idea. But my friend in Tahoe City said it took 2.5 hours to drive 13 miles to Squaw Valley this morning. Insane.

I was up there on the 108 yesterday…took 5 hours from the Peninsula. There were some power lines down so PG&E had one of the lanes closed + chain control + snow on the roads and crazy ski traffic. Had fun but the drive was ridiculous.

@Elt1

2 Likes

We have 48’ of snow and counting. We may surpass the 2011 record year and be in the top 8 of all time.

2 Likes

Maybe better to be high up than low down.

That seems insanely dangerous… I wonder what the roofs are weight-rated for.

That’s an amazing picture! The color on the water is really intense.

2 Likes

They are rated for 150-250psf. There is concern about the coming rains. The most vulnerable are flat commercial roofs properties.
They can have clogged drains that make for ponding and roof collapse. I know of three buildings in South Lake Tahoe that have collapsed already. Could be bad this weekend. Flooding on streets with drains clogged with snow is another big concern.
In 2016/17 flooded streets were very common

1 Like