Top 10 Bay Area Public High Schools Ranked By SAT Scores

The school that I chose to attend, UCB, does grade students on a curve. So if you are not good then you’ll get all C’s. But that’s fine because graduate school is really a waste of time so the trick is just to get into a good college and be done with it. Whatever GPA you get in college doesn’t really matter.

Guess you mean undergraduate not graduate school right? Graduate schools mean Masters & PhDs.

Old system. The new system is max 4 :slight_smile:

Undergraduate is necessary but graduate school is a waste of time unless you want to become a doctor or a lawyer.

I got 4.35 GPA because college admission allows bonus points for honors/AP (advanced placement) classes.

1 Like

Not really–I’d still argue that this is parent opinion. Niche is collecting the info from parent submissions–it’s up to the parents to submit their score–if they feel it’s high enough, and care enough.

Due to demographic mix, parents of MVHS, Lynbrooks & MSJ won’t submit their scores as much as those from Gunn and PA.

1 Like

Not sure exactly what you’re arguing, but if you’re talking about high schools, some do still weight the AP courses a point higher

That would be interesting.

Anyone want to mess up the niche data? Which high school do we want to take off? We’ll have to be careful not to submit it all at once.

The news article says

The scores presented here have been calculated from data schools submitted to the U.S. Department of Education for the 2017 testing season. As of March of last year, the SAT is scored out of 1600 points.

I don’t think test scores are based on parents input.
However, ranking may include parents input given that ranking is not aligned with test score.

2 Likes

Ditto. Waste of time AND money (tuition, and/or if you get a full ride, loss of income).

1 Like

How is the rental yield in Sourh Korea? I heard that rental yield is lower in Asian countries and most people there but instead of rent

Other than medical school, law school and MBA, other graduate degrees are a waste of money and time for most people. Only professors need a PhD, many other PhDs wasted their best years in useless education

It is a bit complicated system but for 500-800K condo, it is about $1500 with high security deposit like $50,000.
No HOA, property tax about $1000 a year.

Even MBA is useless; you are just buying the network.

At first, I was glad to see that my kid school is No4.
Then, I found below.

The statistics measure how many students who take the SAT score hit certain score minimums for the reading and math section. For seniors, the target scores are 480 on the reading section and 530 on the math, for a combined score of 1010. For 11th-graders it’s 460 and 510, for a combined score of 970; for 10th-graders, it’s 430 and 480, summing to a target of 910; and for freshman, it’s 410 and 450, for a combined score of 860.

I don’t think this ranking is very meaningful.
Average Lynbrook SAT score (seniors) is 1550.
Target score is set way too low…