Top Cities For Tech Salaries

I’m not touting SF. I’m mocking the article and trashing those 5 cities.

Austin seems like it is a decent place…college town…

1 Like

Agreed. Choose BA for building career.

Is BA good place to raise a family? Not sure.

Is BA good place to retire? Heck no.

Build your career & wealth way ahead of your peer here, and get the hell out so the next generations can rent! :wink:

None of these 5 cities have any home grown large tech companies. They are all playing supporting casts to SV. Not a good place to grow careers. Seattle would have been a wiser choice.

Not all tech workers work for tech companies. Other companies have tech workers. I think that was the point of the article. You can be a tech worker at a non-tech company and easily make double the cost of living for the city.

Exactly. I notice the term, Management Information System (MIS), is not used often in tech industry. Many tech jobs in non-hi-tech businesses are of MIS nature, which is not as exciting as working on startups and bleeding edge tech area. However, pay can be very good if you join the right company. For smaller company, you are involved in other aspects of the business, quite fun.

People in SF tech tend to change jobs more often than Seattle Tech or Boston tech as well. Which is actually a downside to a company being here (something which Jeff Bezos has specifically lamented regarding the Bay Area–retainment is higher in Seattle).

1 Like

??? Doesn’t look any different than Redwood City.

and a prefab manufacturer is going to be there…

http://www.builderonline.com/design/projects/kasita-finds-place-to-manufacture-prefab-tiny-homes_c

Seattle has rain 152 days a year…Pretty much every other day…No wonder they drink a lot of coffee…maybe Prozac would be better…A very depressing place…A good friend of mine lived there her whole life, except 3 years in Menlo Park, killed herself at 58…

1 Like

Geez, this unusually wet season for us (which doesn’t come close to that) would stop me dead in my tracks from going up there. I will take fog and cold (but dry) any day…

You don’t say…

Sounds like a great business opportunity for a sun-bar! Can have a coffee-bar inside of it. Drink your latte’ while you get your artificial sun-induced vitamin D for a double mood-enhancer.

1 Like

Washington is also a state where people buy the most sunglasses. Let me know if it needs explanation :sunglasses:

1 Like

Let me guess… .is it because the future’s so bright there? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Seattle is beautiful half the time when sunny…The other half of the time is like London…cold gray and rainy…Puget sound is the number one reason to live in Seattle. …gotta have a boat there, preferably a power boat with lots of indoor space. .Lake Washington is great for water skiing, I have skied right by Gates house

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/02/08/cities-fast-growing-tech-salaries-sf-bay-area.html

Interesting that salaries actually went down in some places.

2 Likes

Why do you think people are leaving? Move to a state with no state income tax = easy raise.