Trading wars impact

By this arrest it is clear that US is trying to derail Chinese efforts to be a leader in emerging technologies such as self driving cars by 2025.

They arrest only when someone is stealing and charge the party who did. If they do research on their own and be a leader, how US can stop them?

This guy is about to lose his job so he stole some technology knowhow to get a new job in China. Maybe Apple should provide good and secure employment for key employees :rofl:

Probably Apple and FBI have been monitoring him for a long time and decided to arrest him when he is leaving the country. I think the trade secret is secure in this case and no damage is done yet.

If Trump can give every H1B a citizenship, this kind of theft can actually decrease.

1 Like

it was sarcasm

1 Like

In Tech the news is that some of these folks are being lured back with C-level/founder positions in companies that are funded and backed by Chinese state.

Bring know how in cutting edge technology in emerging areas and get funding by state to start your own company. Hard to resist…

Says the guy who gets emotional defending any crap coming from the white house. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trade-deficit-soars-to-10-year-high-in-2018-foiling-trump-white-house-effort-to-rein-it-in/ar-BBUrp5H?ocid=spartanntp

Lost interest in this issue?

U.S. said to set 2025 target for China to fulfill trade pledges: Morning Brief

Under the proposed agreement, China would commit by 2025 to buy more U.S. commodities, including soybeans and energy products, and allow 100 percent foreign ownership for U.S. companies operating in China as a binding pledge that can trigger retaliation from the U.S. if left unfulfilled, the people said on condition of anonymity because the talks are private.

Doesn’t look difficult for China to fulfill. That’s all?

Other non-binding promises China has offered to implement by 2029 wouldn’t be tied to potential U.S. retaliation, they said, without elaborating.

While some progress is being made, resolving more contentious issues such as the forced transfer of technology is taking longer.

Tough issue avoided by both sides? Frankly, would be resolved eventually through time.

Not difficult at all. Tesla is already doing the exact thing.

1 Like

It is not significant amount. The tariff is 10% on $200 billion products which is levied on US imports. The amount is appx 20 Billion and US economy is 20 Trillion GDP. See how tiny the impacts are.

News/Media are cheating the public like Trump says.

Stock are volatile as usual and News/Media is always attaching sensational story with stocks are up or down.

If stocks are up, they say “Trade tensions are easing and we see deal so soon”
If stocks are down, they say “Trade tensions no visibility and market down by it”

How many times, we see this repeated last one year.

Is Xi Jinping finally agreeing to trumps seven point wishlist?

Meanwhile, optimism over US-China trade talks is among the factors that have fueled a stock market rally (SPY). Apple (AAPL), NVIDIA (NVDA), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Micron (MU), and Broadcom (AVGO) have risen 25.4%, 43.2%, 57.0%, 36.5%, and 20.7% YTD, respectively, based on their April 5 closing prices. Alibaba (BABA), JD.com (JD), and Baidu (BIDU) have risen 35.2%, 49.3%, and 14.5%, respectively, in the period.

If above is true, just choose one of NVDA, AMD, MU and AVGO to invest, no need to buy all 4. Similarly one of BABA, JD and BIDU. No TCEHY? Represented by JD?

1 Like

I laugh at the stupidity of the Trumpeters…I really do! :joy::sweat_smile::rofl: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Here you are…shall I invest on this? Or that? And losing your shirt in the process. But your dearly, POS president is blowing a hole in your hulk. He has his friends ready to deal and wheel in advance before he opens his stupid mouth. They should take that tweet account from the terrorist president. :face_vomiting:

With 2 tweets, Trump shatters historic calm in global markets

In the end, all it took was two tweets from Donald Trump.
After weeks of warnings from many on Wall Street that price swings across global markets were too subdued, the American president’s threat to boost tariffs on China sent volatility soaring Monday. The VIX Index jumped as much as 46 percent, the most since the February 2018 volatility meltdown. S&P 500 Index futures slid 1.5 percent and the Shanghai Composite fell 5.6 percent, the most since February 2016. European shares also dropped.

Still On?

China reportedly was considering nixing the talks that were scheduled to resume Wednesday in Washington, though the Foreign Ministry said Monday that negotiators were indeed preparing to travel to the U.S. for the meetings. The ministry declined to provide details on the schedule, however. Meanwhile, a media blackout on Trump’s threat left investors baffled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/with-2-tweets-trump-shatters-historic-calm-in-global-markets/ar-AAAX6sY?ocid=spartanntp

China markets closed down 5.56% and US closed down 0.45%. I guess the markets have spoken about the impact.

1 Like

I don’t care what China’s markets are doing. I care about our markets. Today’s S&P is down 1.62. I guess the markets have spoken.

2 Likes

It’s refreshing to see how dumb, out of their minds these Trumpovich kissing rear end people are.

Oh well! What do you expect from racist, ignoramus people. They are the same that block you when teaching them something better than their worthless scam 401K. :rofl::joy::joy::sweat_smile:

Wait until they see the topic about H1B visas being denied by the truck loads. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Market due for a pullback anyway.

A deal will eventually get done. All this did was prove a lack of a deal hurts China more than the US. That will make China more willing to negotiate.

1 Like

US stock market total cap is 5x the size of China’s. Every 1% drop here wipes out the same amount as a 5% drop there.

2 Likes