Trump Fully aware of his end results

Exactly. Trump wants rates to go back up to normal. Rates are creating a stock market bubble. They are also killing savers while rewarding debters.

Everyone thought Brexit vote would fail too. That’s because it’s not socially acceptable to say you’re nationalist and against diversity. We’ve been beaten over the head for decades about how great diversity is. Yet if you look at the census dot maps, the US is very segregated. Even in the bay area where we brag about diversity, we are segregated. Diversity is a giant lie. Most people want to live near others like them, and that’s what they do. That’s why we live in segregated areas.

Despite all that Trump is more popular on social media than Obama was in 2008. He may not win, but the movement isn’t going away. I think it’ll only get stronger. It’s not like Hillary’s polices are going to create growth over 4%. Obamacare will continue to get worse. Interest rates will stay low inflating prices of non-bond assets. That’ll just widen the rich poor gap.

The other great irony is Obama and Hillary say we can’t afford to build a wall on Mexico’s border. Obama spent $800B in his stimulus will which failed to produce growth over 4% as tax cuts have done under JFK, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush. Hillary wants to do a similar plan, since it failed once so we should do it again. Even the highest cost estimate for the wall is $25B or about 3% of the stimulus bill. Never mind we spend $15B a year on the war on drugs. Per the DEA, 80-90% of them come across the Mexico border. Plus, drugs are providing the money to fuel our gang problems. If gangs didn’t have drug money, then gang membership wouldn’t pay more than entry-level jobs for non-college grads. Meanwhile we’re too scared of offending people to build the wall and just watch cities be destroyed by gangs and drugs. That’s cool though. We live in segragated America. We have money and don’t have to live in those areas. We can avoid going in them, so they won’t impact us. Let’s give those people more food stamps, so we sleep better thinking we helped them out.

My bad, I wrongly understood. If he supports rate raise, Manch is perfectly right, we may end up in economical issue !

Now, I understand why stocks are going down as soon as WS knows the polls are changing.

On any case, Hillary is the next President no matter whatever recent poll suggests! I do not trust the recent polls, it will increase both parties to vote, that really helps Hillary rather than Trump.

Here, my guess. How Trump came to this level? Is it rep.party support or people support?

People supported Trump, but many rep. party members, including Paul, hate him.

If he wins, different case, good for Trump. If he fails, Once he looses this election, Trump has two choice.

1. Go for his own party with people support or be in the party and fire all non-supporters.

2. All waiting non-supporters take this chance to get him out of party or fire him. At this stage, people support will not help Trump, but he needs party and elected official support. Most likely this will be the case. He will be sidelined.

Both are hard for him.

Trump likes winning, has high ego and expect everyone talks about him…etc. Losing election, he will be out of political picture. This is the main reason he will try to win all possible ways in this election.

What Trump will do with this kind of support (movement) after losing election? It does not give him anything except waste of time, money and energy.

Hillary (or Clintons) will easily network with elected people and get the government run. She may have some challenges regarding this FBI investigation. She needs to bite that bullet.

There is no political life for the loser, either it is Hillary or Trump. All movements will vanish silently after the election.

It’s not about Trump. It’s out the movement he represents. Honestly, it needs a better leader. It’s really a continuation of the tea party movement. I was amazed that for a multi-billionaire who lives in Silicon Valley, Peter Thiel gets it. Even he admits Trump isn’t a great leader for the movement, but the movement is here to stay. Most of America is missing out on the recent prosperity. It’s largely concentrated in Silicon Valley and the Washington DC area.

1 Like

I agree, I said from the beginning, the idea was good, the manager or spoke person saying the things that even a janitor could say about the economy, people in certain areas not getting a taste of what Silicon Valley is enjoying…was the worst nightmare coming to be a disaster. A guy who never, ever moved a finger to help anybody is “your leader”? Really?

America is changing, it is not longer that “give me your tired…blah, blah, blah” but send me the most intelligent people so I can make myself a billionaire type of country.
But the same people coming to America are going to be sooner or later the escape goat of worse things to come. What I am trying to say is that this is no longer a matter of being intelligent, but to belong to a certain sector of the populace that is angry, antagonizing any effort from the politicians to fix their situation. I am speaking most of the White class, the under dog, the left behind, maybe not because government failure, but for the lack of education and for not trying to assimilate to the changing world that is not been seen as White anymore. They are fighting against anything that is trying to make this country comfortable to the idea that there are gays, lesbians, those not believing in that mythical entity that requires their pastors to fly in $65 million jets. They want this country to go back to the beginning of the last century, so make sure you are White, otherwise, sooner or later you will be that sheep to be slaughtered.
Germany saw this process developing right before its eyes. The siren song was performed, they were ready to listen, to deflect any idea of respecting the current establishment. No, they wanted something new and by getting that new thing required the deportation, extermination and discrimination of certain sector of the population that was guilty of pulling the country down in the gutter in an economic sense. Sooner they found out those who objected were paying the same penalty. It just takes time, a very noisy government with quiet hands to make everybody pay the price of their stupidity or ignorance.

Be ready, this is not going to be smooth. The parameters, the warnings have been drawn on the sand. The FBI, by releasing information that needed to be stored during the elections, but avoiding to denounce the presumed deals of Trump with Russia, the hacking of our country by Russia, the abundant sources in Trump's hands, and presumably some extortion coming from the hacking, it can play a dirty, rotten, disgusting roll in this game. With no institution to be trusted, the famous America, started to be detroyed within itself. 

Like many people in the intelligence, security arena warned, Trump has destroyed any parameters, any bar, any question, any measurement, any decency for what other great presidents were vetted years ago. By turning these elections in a media tug or war, in a televised soap opera, we, from now on won’t have any shame to elect Charles Mason if he ever comes free from prison. All it’s needed is a bunch of idiots following a guy who is popular, who says things as it is, and who gives a damn for any loyalty to our country. If he killed people, who cares! All it’s needed is some charisma, lots of money, and people willing to listen to the siren’s song. The love for money is destroying this country and those stupid enough won’t even feel the chains when they be placed on their necks, that’s for sure.
And what represents better my sentiments than this video I watched where a bunch of women, all Trump supporters saying that all those rape and sexual assault victims, what they have to do is…just to grow a pair. Yes, even women are falling for a disgraceful candidate’s call to arms, the same arms that one day will be their demise.

Is there any place I can return my citizenship? I swear…

Any movements created by election spirit will vanish after the election! We have many times seen in the past.

1 Like

Bay Area has a lot of Chinese. Most Chinese I know are Republicans. Most Chinese are Republican in fiscal policies. Then for social policies, some are like Democrat and religious ones are more Republicans.

And it is very surprising that many Chinese I know are extremely concerned about Clinton. I don’t know why. It’s like they believe US economy will collapse from terrorism and refugee. They are very vocal about this. Sending emails, showing me images of Europe every other day, etc. Basically they are trying to get their acquaintances to voteTrump.

I haven’t seen so much “propaganda” in previous elections. And in this election, I just feel like I’m selecting the lesser of 2 evils. And I don’t see how they can be so passionate on standing behind any one candidate, whether it is Trump or Clinton.

In any case, I suspect Chinese in Bay Area might be affected more from Clinton winning than Trump winning.

I don’t think anyone will sell the house if Hillary wins, even if she dislikes her. Hillary means no change.

But if Trump wins, at least Latinos may sell the house. I talked to a few well educated people as a test, none of them worries about any candidate in terms of economy. Maybe it’s going to be a non-event if Trump wins. But my sample is so non-representative. The mass psychology is hard to guess.

On the red turning Asian, I read that Asians used to vote Republican in 80s and 90s, then voted democrat, now seems they are turning to Republican again. But overall, Asians are swing votes, they more or less vote both sides.

I heard that Californian Asians are heavily voting Republican this year, but the reason I heard is that Californian democrats are trying to mess around college admission. It is not related to Trump or Hillary.

Trump will wimp out on South China Sea. He’s a typical bully. Talks tough but wimps out at the first sight of real resistance. So the Chinese Communist Party would very much like Trump at the WH.

As to why some local Chinese likes Trump, I say it has a large part to do with racism. If you know the language, many Chinese talk with blatant racial terms about other races, and even Chinese people from regions other than their own. Many have the same selfish idea about social welfare, as in “I do well so why should I care about the less fortunate?”

Michigan, Minnisota and Wisconsin are close to turn red. I think the political wind is turning. If Trump is not able to produce a surprise, a better candidate will in a few years.

Trump was selected because there was no better person who understands the changes.

According to this article, Chinese and Indian are the least GOP leaning population.

61% Chinese are independents, that’s probably the highest of any group. And it says only 7% Chinese are republicans, probably the second least after Black. If I were a politician, a major portion of the campaign dollars will be put on the Chinese media to get that 61% independent voters.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2016/10/12/497063888/asian-americans-continue-to-drift-away-from-republicans-but-it-s-a-complicated-s

That’s my understanding as well. During my past couple of decades in California, I hadn’t seen any Asian/Chinese political rally prior to the bill to re-introduce race into college admission.

All these are blue. Hillary will win all Obama won places + Arizona too.

I sold some stocks today to reduce my risk exposure to Trump for this week.

According to pundits, stock will drop 3-6% if Trump win. It could rise 2% if Hillary win. But “A Democratic sweep could cause investors and corporate leaders to worry about higher taxes and regulation”. We’ll know on Wednesday.

"Stock market analysts agree on the direction of the likely movements in the event of a Trump win, if not their magnitude. In a research note Monday, Evercore I.S.I. interpreted the evidence as signaling that a Trump win would create a drop of 5 to 6 percent in stocks, with a 2 percent gain if Mrs. Clinton wins. Citigroup analysts see a drop of 3 to 5 percent.

“A Democratic sweep could cause investors and corporate leaders to worry about higher taxes and regulation,” wrote Ethan Harris, global economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. “A Trump win could have an even greater impact due to uncertainty about how campaign promises translate into policies,” particularly around the risk of trade wars."

Michigan is already a battleground state as of today.

I’m from Michigan. People there HATE NAFTA and blame it for many of the state’s issues. Everyone knows someone that lost a job in the auto industry. 4M cars a year are built in Mexico and 2/3rds of them are exported to the US. That’s a lot of cars that’d be built in the US if it wasn’t for NAFTA. I’m honestly surprised that NAFTA alone isn’t enough to make the entire rust belt vote against Hillary.

Michigan+Florida+Ohio+Arizona are for Hillary. She gets landslide for sure.

Profit taking is fine and it depends on the stock !

Trump win will not happen. Hillary win takes 2% means Democratic sweep will raise to 5%.

Knowing low on Friday, I purchased almost 30% of my cash in stocks on Friday keeping just 10% today. Since stock raised, I did not purchase very much today. I can hold the stocks long term, not cashing on short term gain.

“corporate leaders to worry about higher taxes and regulation”. Some sectors like pharmacy worry about regulation, but some sectors like alternate energy boom.

Investors may not worry as long term prospects are high with Hillary.
If she wins, for sure there is not rate hike in DEC-2016!

I exactly visualized last Friday as brexit day fall !

Tomorrow may be volatile, but Wednesday depends on election results.

Here is the portion of thread about pre-election investing discussions. Link of signed letter

1 Like

I sold some today too, but primarily because they hit my profit target.