Trump tax plan and RE

Wow! GOP raising taxes? :smiley: You just can’t cheat math I guess.

1 Like

Um, I’ve posted the Kansas tax revenue data. Tax revenue did increase despite cuts in tax rates. The problem is out of control government spending.

:smile:

Some people can’t concede, can they?

Poor Marcus. I think he is looking for a job with his dear comrade Twhitler. But I believe he is not reading this forum, maybe if he uses Twitter? :smile:

You can’t change history. It says the dream failed. And it’s failing everywhere these dumb republicans think trickle effect works. Plenty of cases an examples.

It’s not my fault you can’t read a graph.

Not my fault you can’t read it’s the republicans, oh boy! The republicans? Raising taxes? Oh boy, oh boy!

Am I stupid or what?

“A coalition of conservative Republicans, some of whom voted for sweeping tax cuts in 2012 or defended them in the years since, sided with moderates and Democrats to override Brownback’s veto of a $1.2 billion tax increase.”

@buyinghouse The graph shows Kansas tax revenue by year. The tax cuts were in 2012. You can clearly see tax revenue increasing every year after that. Your entire argument is that tax cuts lowered tax revenue which created the budget problem. That’s funny, since you can clearly see revenue was higher after the cuts. You can’t argue tax revenue went decreased.

It’s a spending problem. The government will always blame budget problems on lack of revenue. It distracts from holding them accountable on spending.

Come on Marcus!

Republicans are well known for tax cut for the rich and blame anything on spending from the democrats. So, what part of “republicans going over the veto of the governor” you don’t understand?

Stop being obtuse, republican. Be neutral once in your life. Can you?

What was your point in bringing up the Kansas tax cuts and their budget problems then?

I honestly don’t care how they are trying to solve their budget problems. The issue is the root cause of the budget problems and if the tax cuts created the budget problems.

One Answer: Because he can’t even hire good leaders who don’t have any skeletons in the closet???

Really? So we should bring back subprime, no money down, no doc loans, and all of that so anyone can buy a home? We learned how that movie ends. It was just over 10-years from the polices driven by everyone deserves to own a home until the bubble crashed in an epic way. The areas with the most insane housing prices have the most restrictive zoning laws. Unless you want a national takeover of zoning laws, what should the federal government be doing?

Plus, the government getting involved leads to HIGHER home prices long-term. It only makes things more affordable briefly. I’ve posted the graph of when home prices started to sky rocket after fannie/freddie started to directly buy mortgages. All that did was lead to home prices going up much faster than inflation, and people have much more debt. Similar to when we switched from 15-year to 30-year mortgage. It briefly made homes more affordable until the higher prices led to the same payment size.

Let me get this. In the same article they are complaining about affordability, but also worried a larger standard deduction might lower home prices. Pick a side.

They think low-income housing is the solution. SF has some of the strictest rules on percent low-income housing for new developments. How’s that helping home prices?

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/politics/article/Trump-GOP-roll-out-tax-plan-cuts-rates-doubles-12231626.php

2 Likes

The actual plan without media spin or hype.

I don’t think people realize how much the current tax code encourages single parent families vs. two parent families. Fixing that so it’s better to be a two-parent family is a huge step in fixing many of society’s issues. If we reformed benefit programs to do the same, then we could get rid of a lot of racial inequality which is caused by massive differences in the rate of single parenthood.

“The simplicity of “postcard” tax filing for the vast majority of Americans.”

But, but, it is a ritual for me to buy my Intuit TT from Costco each year…

1 Like

Wow, is this the start of intelligent conversation about it?

I am still betting Trump’s tax “reform” won’t happen. At best he will cut a little bit here and there and call it the day.

Mortgage interests deduction won’t go away. Even in the current plan it’s still there.

1 Like

As long as there is silence with respect to 1031 exchanges I am good!!!

1 Like

Oh, what happened to the debt ceiling? Was it increased? Oh boy…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And the budget? Done? :rofl:

“COMPETITIVENESS AND GROWTH FOR ALL JOB CREATORS”

Yeah, there’s no spin there

1 Like

Yes, only the poor will benefit…oh…wait a minute!

Can we have the usual Twhitler cohorts explaining us how good is the new tax package please… :scream::scream:

Under current law, a typical homeowner would need to purchase a home worth at least $305,000 to make taking the break worthwhile, according to Zillow, while under the proposed law that would shoot up to $801,000. The median home value in the U.S. is just over $200,000.

1 Like