Update On Hottest Housing Markets

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hottest-housing-market-2018-163701109.html

Never too early to start projectingā€¦

1 Like

10 popular cities with job growth and affordable housing. Itā€™s crazy to see median home price in these places.

Appreciation should be better than national average.

3 cities from Texas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: surprise that San Marcos is not mentioned, is in between San Antonio and Austin. It is rising very fast and price is more affordable than San Antonio.

1 Like

Texas is gaining population and businesses. Itā€™s probably the future. Tons of flat land will keep it from getting crazy expensive like the bay area though.

1 Like

Historical annual appreciation in Austin is between 2.5-4.5%. Since 2012, temporarily pump to 7-13%. Other than those neighborhoods within 20 mins to Apple current and future campuses, prices should cool back to 2.5-4.5%.

After tracking a few different markets around the world Iā€™m about to buy an investment apartment in Andorra.

Prices have historically been linked to immigration, and they are accepting a lot of high net worth people into the country right now, driving prices up even further.

The market had a good year in 2018 (Andorraā€™s Property Market | Andorra Guides) but Iā€™m betting with more and more wealthy French, Spanish, Brits and Americans fleeing to borderline tax havens that it will be a bigger 2019.

Is anyone else looking at options abroad? Montenegro is next on my list.

1 Like

Are there that many borrowers with mortgage rate lower than current rate?

I believe I have current loans with lower rates than current:

Primary: 2.5% fixed, 15 year conforming; no cost
Most Recent 1031 Investment Buy In 2018: 3.875%; 7 yr fixed (500k?); no cost
Fremont Investment: 3.75% 30 yr conforming; no cost

Thank you, Tracie!!!

Ok, buy, buy, buyā€¦

San Diego is the only desirable place on that list

Donā€™t you differentiate on where you would want to live vs good (low end) places for rental action? You know a thing or two about making money in REā€¦

I am sticking with RE close by. Want diversity in location get a REIT

1 Like

Top overseas markets for 2019ā€¦

I donā€™t know, it could change on a dimeā€¦

ā€œZillow forecasts a median home value spike of 5.2 percent in 2019 for Seattleā€

Thatā€™s hardly gloom and doom. 15%+ yr/yr isnā€™t sustainable and would leave to a massive bubble and highly volatile future.