We Are in Bear Market

Define “eventually”. There will always be a recession in the future and you can always point to that as the result.

1. This thread is not about Obama. “But what about Obama…” is akin to an adolescent saying, “but xyz’s parents let them do abc too!”

2. Yes I agree, the leader should set a goal and the staff should work with the leader to develop the plan. Then the leader can tell the board of directors (i.e. the voters) what the goal is, and what the plan is to achieve that goal. In this case, the leader did not do any of the middle steps.

The fundamental issue is that Trump doesn’t think he is beholden to the voters (board of directors). He has never run a company where he’s had to report to the board of directors.

3 Likes

So put the US at a bigger disadvantage on trade because it’s the right thing to do.

1 Like

Also, be consistent with your logic.

1 Like

2.75-3.25% of rate increase is when it normally happens.

If the same behavior happens twice, but reaction is 180 degree opposite then it shows blatant bias in how people react. It shows how irrational people are being. So yes, it matters. People aren’t opposed to the actual behavior. They are just opposed to anything the person does.

1 Like

Obama knew he was beholden to the people.
Trump does not think he is beholden to the people.

Regardless, “But what about Obama…” is not the point.

The leader should set a goal and the staff should work with the leader to develop the plan. Then the leader can tell the board of directors (i.e. the voters) what the goal is, and what the plan is to achieve that goal. In this case, the leader (Trump) did not do any of the middle steps.

4 Likes

Starting from zero you mean less than 3% rate will tip the economy into recession? What happened to the tax cut that tip the deficit to trillion+? What did it do? Doesn’t increase our growth rate at all?

Who cares? Would you rather pay $5 for imported good or $50 for domestic good? Personally, I can care less if US is disadvantaged or not.

1 Like

You don’t think he realizes there will be an election in 2020?

You keep repeating the same fake points which have been debunked. I’m not going to post the same info again, so you can ignore it again.

1 Like

FED always pushes the rate just enough to make yield inversion ! This hamstrung banking operations,esp lending side, be it mortgage or company loans.

This time, Market pre-empts the action (downfall) 6 months ahead as FED was sticking to its schedule.

Google “Maturity Transformation” or “Maturity Transformation”+SSRN+pdf, lot of papers about how banks use those to gain from spread

“Maturity transformation is the practice by financial institutions of borrowing money on shorter time frames than they lend money out. Financial markets also have the effect of maturity transformation whereby investors such as shareholders and bondholders can sell their shares and bonds in the secondary market (i.e. the larger part of the stock market) at any time without affecting the company that issued the shares or bonds. Thus the company can be a long-term borrower from a market of short-term lenders. The short-term lenders are simply buying and selling the ownership of the shares or bonds on the stock market. The company keeps a register of owners and changes the name whenever there is a sale”

This will make the economy fall as USA is credit based economy. All easy money wild operations (calls/puts/derivatives) are ending unexpected loss.

Now, you will see how Bitcoin mania and cannabis mania ends in 2019 !

1 Like

sigh.

3 Likes

What does realizing an election is coming have to do with ready, shoot, aim? (Trump’s style)

u1

1 Like

You said he doesn’t know he’s beholden to the people. How is he not beholden to the people if he wants to be re-elected?

A second term president has the most freedom of any politician. They know they’ll never have to run for election again. There’s a reason presidents drop a bunch of executive orders, pardons, etc at the end. They don’t have to worry about the backlash, since they aren’t running for office again. That window between the election and swearing in the next president is when all the BS happens. Both parties do it.

2 Likes

Merry festivus!! Time to air our grievances. :smile:

1 Like

That is the gift of “Steven Mnuchin”, he fueled the fire !

Ah, Okay. I understand your angle. I think Donald Trump believes that he is only beholden to his base. I do not believe that Donald believes that it is his job to represent all Americans. When there are Americans that do not agree with him, then instead of trying to understand where those Americans are coming from, Donald often attacks those Americans’ character or dismisses them outright.

That’s why I said that Donald does not believe he is beholden to the people.

3 Likes