We Are in Bear Market

Apple and Telsa are both down . Panic people!

1 Like

They are already down 25%. Another 10% drop isn’t going to make a lot of difference.

USD-JPY crashed down 2.3%. WOW!!

This is very SERIOUS folks.

NQ down 2.3%. ES down 1.4%. Yen rally like nuts.

This isn’t the 80’s. Why is Japan relevant?

Fearmongering.

2 Likes

Yen is the meter of fear. Money rushes to buy yen when people are fearful. Right now it’s flashing bright red.

1 Like

That’s right. Yen is the most bearish currency against the dollar. If it rallies when rate hikes are expected in the US then it’s a bad sign.

1 Like

Possibly. 洗盤 as the Chinese call it.

Has nothing to do with big guys scaring the little guys. This is a normal downturn in an economic cycle. Businesses over expanded and are now contracting.

Keeping my investment - CASH (oh you smell so good!) close to my chest. No interest in trying to be a hero buying the dips in this market.

1 Like

Pulled the trigger on a refi today to raise cash. Never know when it might come in handy…

3 Likes

You are the third after ptiemann and me :hugs: Welcome to the club.

Had been on the fence on whether to do it now or wait for a drop in rates…you guys pushed me over. Now the question is how to position the cash as this volatility plays out.

I am in the process of re-fing my heloc. Should come through next week.

1 Like

Bloodbath tomorrow :scream:

1 Like

I saw too many drops after hours,

AMZN(2.80%),
GOOGL(1.93%),
AVGO(4.71),
SKWS(5.25%),
BA (2.35%),
TSLA(1.44%),
QCOM(2.73%)…none spared.

Tomorrow dip may be bigger scale too.

If you look at a longer chart, 54.1 is still a really strong number and solidly growing. If you read the commentary, manufacturers are saying they are constrained by lack of workers to operate at capacity.