What does Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court mean for rent control?

Except that it isn’t. Those not on Medicare pick up the underpayments for those who are.

Is brown people only Hispanic? Does it include Asians, Indians, Chinese?

Democrats are saying that black and brown people will lead with progressive white as coalition. So far I see mostly white democrats in the democratic leadership.

Also Dems are not counting on white suburban women at all.

“CHAMBERLAIN: I think that we have a very, much more exciting and engaged Democratic base across the board. We have an understanding that the future of the Democratic Party and of America is with the leadership of black and brown people of color throughout this. Across the board, we have an understanding that the future of the Democratic Party and of America is with the leadership of black and brown people of color throughout this country and that progressive whites are a part of that coalition. But we can’t depend on the idea that white women are going to save us. If you look across this country, that’s what we’re seeing and that’s where the future is.”

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/07/655345665/democratic-midterm-strategy-and-kavanaugh

democrat hasn’t done shxt last 2.5 years except fxxking trump
maybe not, they created legal injection center, and legalize pot, and free the criminals
maybe when they stop doing these and start dealing with the crimes, that would help their votes.

Hmm, I wonder what Kagan said to him. Maybe,

a) beer party at 5pm, or

b) thanks, I won the “office” pool…

1 Like

OMG, just give it up, people…

Hillary Clinton asks democrats to stop being civil and be “tougher”. What does it mean?

Rand Paul is worried about assisination after Hilary speech.

Washington Post is also scared of violence

Well, it is now 3 years later from the genesis of this post. These past 3 years have seen lots of changes. In addition, more reasonable people such as Gorsuch, Kavangah, and Coney-Barrett are now on the Supreme Court, much to the chagrin of the fear-mongering-ultra-leftists.

Anyways, now we see progress on this. See this from the Calif. Apartment Association today. This is very very very good news because it means the highest court in the land is now directionally pointed towards the right direction.

All the municipal excesses during the course of the C19 pandemic (constant moratoriums on eviction) are now going to cause the past 30 years of municipal “takings” to blow up in people’s faces.

Good.

3 Likes

My bigger issue is government departments or agencies which have broad power with zero checks and balances. They don’t even need a bill passed to implement new regulations. They can unilaterally implement new regulations. I’m amazed no one has challenged the constitutionality of that. Probably because each party benefits from it when they are in power. They want to maintain it.

If that power didn’t exist, then there wouldn’t need to be this case. It’s addressing the wrong issue.

1 Like

I agree. One step at a time I suppose. I’ll take wins where I can get them. :slight_smile: