What ever happened to beyond meat?

Was the nose vegan?

3 Likes

Looks like the guy missed the taste of real meat.

Eeewwww

just for @Elt1

Whatever Taco Bell serves is not beef. Maybe Chihuahua??

Chihuahuas are expensive. Anything else is WAY more expensive than the current combo of part “beef” and other fillers.

Taco Bell has no kitchens . They just heat up left overs. They do there food testing in Alabama to come up with the most bland fake Mexican
food on earth. Chipotle is actually pretty good… I don’t know if it cooked in house or just heated up on site. Carls Jr is just reheated from off site kitchens… absolutely vile. The Worst is Arbys … Makes me ill just thinking about it…The best fake meat taco is from Jack in the Box… maybe Beyond Meat can replicate that sawdust recipe.
I am hungry now. Going to go to in n out for lunch. Real meat… crappy fries though… not enough grease and salt

1 Like

Chipotle grills in store.

1 Like

Rural Arizona is full of family owned Mexican restaurants serving good fresh food.
As for cost - even chicken is getting expensive. The local deli sells chicken salad for $9.99 a pound and seafood salad for $5.99. OK, the seafood salad is likely pollock, mayo and litte else but still…

I finally found a good vegetarian dish. Costco frozen cauliflower pizza. Needs doctoring up to be edible. I put four slices of pepper jack cheeese broiled to be bubbly brown at 550. Still gives me gas … but very tasty and not too salty

So much for it’s HUGE addressable market that some thought it had…

1 Like

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Every startups claim to have huge TAM.

Forget about plant-based meat. What is the goal? Don’t want to eat meat or want to stay healthy?

If don’t want eat meat, then eat fresh veggies, nuts, fruits, seeds and tofus.
If want to stay healthy, go for intermittent fasting or KETO diet.

3 Likes

Crazy. I’d want to see a randomized trial on that. The meat-heart issue can be addressed by eating grass-fed/pastured meat. But if plant-based meat is mostly soy and still doesn’t address the low Omega-3s, I don’t see how it’s solving anything.

1 Like

Cannot eat mammals, can eat birds, can eat fish, can eat insects.