What's your monthly amazon expenses?

Sell AMZN, buy COST :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazon spending ~50/mo. I don’t think you are getting a good demographic representation here though.
Tell us more about your side project!

I prefer America’s tires. Better selection, usually lower prices and the same free rotation etc. On top of that, they always repair leaks free and rotate tires free even if you didn’t buy from them. And they have more number of stores and longer hours than Costco so better customer service experience.

In fact, I hate going to Costco - parking is always a hassle and store layout is not designed for quick in-and-out.

2 Likes

What is the side project about? You cant ( at least from me ) collect data without telling why and how you will use it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that because of gdpr?

I am just curious thats all.

costco $120 a month. amazon 0(once every few months , i only order when i can’t find it elsewhere or cheaper).

Why do people pay a premium for Amazon?..seems more like QVC for techies than real business…I personally think it is way over valued…

People invest into its future growth potential. I spend multiples of what i spend at amazon at costco.

I have amazon prime and it’s my #1 online store. I actually really appreciate Amazon services and it saves a lot of time which could be worth more than what I spend on Amazon.

If I can buy the same stuff at the same price from Amazon, I would cancel my costco membership.

Shopping is a huge waste of people’s time. I think Amazon has increased our productivity and may have increased our GDP by 0.5%

2 Likes

I use Costco extensively for necessities and grocery. 9.99/lbs for ling cod and 7.99/lbs for prime grade short ribs are a great deal. Sometimes costco has great deals on home improvement items for some of my higher end rentals and remodels -i.e. $169 nest thermostats, $169 hansgrohe kitchen faucets, and $11.99 for a two pack of LED compatible dimmers.

I have found that Amazon is great for sourcing home improvement items - esp w prime free shipping - that you would otherwise run around town hunting for and placing special orders for. For instance, $50 for a 6 pack of title 24 new construction IC rated 4” recessed light cans, $400 for a Kingston Brass modern deep soaker alcove tub, only $350 for a Hansgrohe thermostatic shower control inclusive of the rough-in valve … all very inexpensive. Amazon I have found can be substantially cheaper than wayfair in that regard. You might be able to save 2-3% more running around town and haggling or paying cash, but at substantial cost in time and fuel.

to me another thing that costco has that amazon doesn’t is the “kirkland brand”. it’s like generic drugs of wholeale. amazon has this for some non-foods, like computer accessories.

Another problem with ordering on line. What you do with all the boxes?

trash. not a problem.
in fact, boxes are good - you can use to return them at your convenience.

They pile up in the garage and have to be broken down to recycle. My wife loves Amazon prime. Free shipping. I am the one who has to deal with the boxes

I break down save all the boxes ---- for when I have to

1. return items or
  2. sell items I no longer need on ebay.

Yes. Kirkland laundry detergent, fabric softener, dish detergent, shampooo, soap — all yes. Kirkland toilet paper - no. Kirkland toilet paper is forbidden in our household by order of the director of quality control. :wink:

Your volume seems to be less.

we have two recycle bins and all are full within a week. I do not through boxes as such, but open it, tear down to save spaces.

I agree. The Internet has made shopping such a frictionless experience - the productivity gains must be huge. I wonder if anyone has done a study to quantify these gains.

The only thing that I refuse to shop for online are groceries. I’m probably very old school in this regard. I want to select my own vegetables, fruits, meats, and fish. I don’t trust anyone else to select those…especially not a grocery service. Further, I buy very little in the way of prepared/packaged/processed grocery items. I will never buy-in to the idea of some of these delivery services like good egg, blue apron, etc. I feel selecting produce/meats and cooking things from scratch are basic life skills that are rapidly becoming lost.

I collapse boxes. not a problem, not much.

1 Like