When wives earn more than their husbands, they both do something pretty terrible

Stop making up stories. He has a wife and a kid geez
IIRC he was checking the ups and downs in his account and somehow he showed it to me :sweat:

1 Like

I was told quite a few men explicitly stated their salaries on their dating profiles on Red Bean, a Chinese dating site.

Oh, I get it now.
I guess your friends think you are the best person to discuss their financial decisions (almost like free financial adviser?). That should be an honor, then. :slight_smile:

They don’t consult with me though. It’s more about venting than anything else. Most of them are extremely risk averse. If my memory is correct the one who showed me his 401k account had all his money in fixed income funds. This was back in 2011-2012 or so and I remember having a WTF moment when I saw his account.

Others who told me their salaries were complaining about their pay. My advice every time was if you are not happy then quit; nobody is chaining you down. Many years later they are still with the same company :exploding_head:

1 Like

人心不足蛇吞象

Guys, nothing good or wrong with your spouse grabbing the reins on that horse called ego. I had to stop working to take care of my now grown up kids. Either you value the fact of watching your kids growing up under your vigilant eyes, or being groomed by other people’s beliefs. We chose to have the worthless income parent to be the nanny, and that was me. Proud of it. Money is not evil, but not the end or the beginning of your dreams.

At least I know how to change a diaper. Do you?:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

No. Is it hard to learn? :laughing:

Wrong idiom. Can you please stop throwing backpacks? It’s not working.

少壯不努力 老大徒傷悲 describes the situation better.

@hanera: check
@manch: check
@wuqijun: not quite there yet
@harriet: getting there

Why am I getting there before you? I have more time than all of you :expressionless:

1 Like

Because women and men have different timelines… :rofl:

Sexist :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

自以为才高八斗

How so? In the Olympics, women and men compete in different events. Wouldn’t be fair to force them to compete in the same event, right? :wink:

Not at all, one diaper at a time and you become an expert. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He probably doesn’t has the patience :rofl:

I don’t know about other cultures, but Hispanic people are allegedly “macho” type of men.

So, when I see one of them, like myself did many years ago, pushing a baby in their carriage, I jokingly ask them: “But you were very macho over there, right my friend?” And they know what I am talking about, over there, whatever country we come from, God forbid we ares seeing with a baby in our arms, none the less changing diapers.

Who Wuqijun? Is he married? Has a girlfriend? Asking a friend for an answer. :smiley:

Trailblazers :grinning: If everyone toe the line, nothing change.

1 Like

Didn’t know there are so many idioms to describe you :open_mouth:

Here’s another one that fits like a glove: 以小人之心度君子之腹

1 Like