When wives earn more than their husbands, they both do something pretty terrible

Too many insults flying around… :rofl:

Yoda is giving me a chance to practice my Chinese. There aren’t many times where I can throw idioms around :notebook:

Could get worse. Could end up practicing expletives… :rofl:

https://twitter.com/KXAN_News/status/988418237367975936

1 Like

Study says that males tend to be at the two extremes and females are clustered in the middle. So, we have very smart men, average women, and very dumb men. Might be the same case with risk taking…

3 Likes

As a society we over-glorify the extremely bright and extremely talented, and often encourage people take undue amount of risks assuming they are extremely talented. That’s why we tell young people to stop going to college, or crazy shit like that.

The whole Chinese culture on the other hand strongly encourage people to stick to the middle. So we encourage kids to be doctors and engineers, while others encourage kids to chase their dreams to be NBA athletes and Hollywood stars.

1 Like

Same study also indicates Caucasians are at the two extremes while Asians are clustered in the middle. So we have very smart whites, average Asians, and very dumb whites.

Really? I have not seen any studies like that.

1 Like

Go look for them.

Without people taking undue amount of risks, you would not have any progress.
You need entropy to advance in a field.

2 Likes

Yes, we need people like Elon Musk.

Yes, we do. But i think he’s not the right mindset, he is lacking some things i cannot put my fingers on what.

We need crazy people to die for progress. Doesn’t mean I want myself or my kids to be one.

3 Likes

Geniuses are not perfect. They are humans just like us and have their own shortcomings.

Elon Musk is a crook. And a creep. Plus Tesla is a death trap. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Elon is driven, but not sure genius.

2 Likes

Driven people are not perfect. They are humans just like us and have their own shortcomings.

lol.

Is the word “entropy” Google’s favorite word? You’ve used it many times and I know an ex-Googler whose favorite word is also entropy.

It’s your favorite word if you are a disgruntled nerd… :rofl: