When wives earn more than their husbands, they both do something pretty terrible

No, it’s not.
The story behind that word in my use is - i am looking to change team. My manager is a great person, but he’s always “let’s play safe” mindset. It often means projects taking too long and then getting killed, or projects never finishing, or lots of useless work being done when you can launch it and collect data for 1/10th of the time and effort.
There is this one person i am definitely considering today, and he approached me in a totally random way. I then talked to someone whom i knew well, and who used to work under him (he’s my equivalent in his team in terms of depth and knowledge). That’s the word he used to describe his former manager. First thing this person did when they started long ago (6-8 yrs ago), this guy said “we should always be running experiments to fill all the mods we have”. He knew with lots of experimentation comes success and growth, but more importantly knowledge to know what to do next, what sticks and what doesn’t.

After this talk, it became one of my favorite words, because it was the word i have been craving, but just didn’t know the exact word in the language.

However, googlers do have words that you’d see constantly used, and they change occasionally. TLs was a thing once, now they call it leads and you cn immediately see all the Ms immediately switched their words. I think it’s some sort of training material :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He’s lacking empathy. He strikes me as someone narcissistic and possibly psychopathic

I love essays.

Signed,

@buyinghouse

she asked, and i answered. now get lost :slight_smile:

Signed, @tomato

Funny, the ex-Googler I mentioned is a paper pusher. Talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk.

Oops thought you were talking about @tomato’s idol in the different dept :joy:

Elon does not lack empathy. Nor is he a psycho. I used to work for him so I know first hand.

Could be you are a psycho just like Elon? :smile:

1 Like

No, but now you sound like a real nut job…

what’s s/he doing now?

Still pushing papers and enjoying shoe shine services.

Wrong usage since you’re not a 君子.

I was referring to her friends and she took that personally :rofl:

以小人之心度淑女之腹

1 Like

Salty wet! Stay far away from 淑女之腹 !

言者無心,聽者有意 :rofl:

1 Like

Poor comeback - you are contradicting yourself. Try again.

Just give your wife a handshake instead of a kiss, then send her to sit down…:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Can you guys keep your insults in English??? I’m insulted at the lack of sensitivity you have to those who are Chinese-language-challenged. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah, we need to show more sensitivity. I am guilty too.