When wives earn more than their husbands, they both do something pretty terrible

entropy = gradual decline into disorder

Go = Google :-1:
C# = Microsoft :fu:
Entropy = Anarchy :scream:

Nice to see you Terri. I lurk on occasion. I’ve been extraordinarily busy, much more than when I was working full time and driving car pools. Between my youngest on chemo and working through the details of separation I’ve been overwhelmed with stuff. Chemo is kicking butt and I suspect might win. 6’2” and weighing barely 105 lbs. USC medical has been able to change the course of the disease. Having access to awesome medical professionals is priceless.

I finally figured out that I should act like me, not a woman scorned nor passive nor nice. Once I found my voice I was able to determine what I wanted and didn’t want. Oddly the result was a surprise to many including me. I don’t want the family home nor most of its contents which I picked out. I have a slight pang saying good by to the new Dacor double oven. This was one case where the home warranty more than paid than I’ve paid them. I digress. Giving this up in negotiations has moved things along. I will stay through mid January which gives me about 10 weeks to recover from surgery and find a place to live for 6-12 months.

Hubby has Alzheimer’s so i might be his guardian and hold power of attorney.Go figure that. I’m going for legal separation (keep heath insurance, option to file taxes jointly or as a single Person) rather than divorce mostly to protect assets from his drinking and driving. Flexibility and responsibility. I dream of being irresponsible. However that’s not me.

My priorities are time with my kids, getting rid of stuff and get the financial stuff sorted ou. My goal when I die is to leave very little stuff for the kids to go through. I’ve cleaned out parental homes, aunts and uncles homes and other relatives homes that I decided the best inheritance is nothing. Make it easy for everyone. Taking pictures of items that have meaning but not desired. What a relief!

I’m sure you got more than you expected with your comment. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Wow! You have a lot going on! I wish your youngest the best, and hope he will have a full recovery. :frowning: