Who else love condos?

Yes, agree that condos and more condos coming which is exactly why as an investor and a prudent buyer you aim for the sky and go for SFHs!!! People only live in condos because they have to. A single family home with space and a yard is priceless!!!

More condos aren’t coming though. All the construction in SJ and Seattle is apartments. If people want to live in the city and own, then they don’t have a lot of condo options. They are getting more and more apartment options.

1 Like

Read and learn. Renters even want SFHs…

It’s great to want. How many can afford it? Owning what most people can afford means you’ll always have lots of potential renters.

It is amazing how a little bit of sacrifice in the short term will pay off huge dividends later. No different from taking the time and going to school and getting a good education that will serve you 100x over. Go and buy a SFH a further bit out, a further bit worn and watch that baby grow into a nice pot of gold. This has happened for millions of people. It is not a very difficult way to gain wealth. You just need to want it.

You were talking about what renters want. Now you pivot to buying.

1 Like

Come on now, renting and buying are related. A condo is an apartment. No more, no less. No one aspires to buy an apartment. No one.

So multi million dollar penthouses are?

Oh, so now we want to go to the .00001%???

I just gave you a true blue story about my former tenant that could be replicated by every woman and man who really wants to do well in RE from scratch. He bought a fixer and had the notion and granted skills to redo that property to be worth 2 or 3x what he bought. This was an illegal alien who barely spoke any English. Today, he has tons of money in his pocket. He just told me about a foreclosure 4 bedroom monster home that he is after. He has so much work now that he might turn me down (you better not!!!). You really think one can accomplish all this from a condo purchase? Try again…

Plenty of fixer condos now. Condos have been around since the seventies. Most need updating. Flipping can be lucrative. Think about the condos bought for $100k in SJ in 2009-2011.
Many now worth $400k.
I prefer multi family. But for a first timer a condo flip maybe the only opportunity. Maybe a stepping stone to sfhs latter.

In Singapore, can get 10x return from condo without doing anything, just wait for enbloc.

1 Like

YouTube cofounder is losing money on his condo after 11 years. He moved to South Bay from SF.

:+1: verifying that parent :heart: South Bay. Those living in SF are mostly singles and childless couples.