Why a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug

i should start exercising damn.

I am not in favor of taxing soft drinks or other items that supposedly make you gain weight. I drink them every day and am not overweight. I do exercise. i am in favor of making overweight people pay a premium for health insurance. If it hits them in the wallet they may start responding.

Coke zero. That is the only thing i drink as soda.

The big 4 indicators that drive spending are smoking, cholesterol, blood pressure, and obesity. By monitoring those 4 indicators and rewarding people who pass the test, we can lower overall spending. It’s actually not that complex.

People aren’t obese from not seeing a doctor. They are obese because they dine on 2,000 calorie meals, and cook the same proportions at home. We also consume a ton of high calories beverages. There are now flavored “water” companies that sell products with as many calories as soda.

Blah, blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhhhh

There’s a video somewhere of a doctor from Canada lecturing the dumb republicans and their “but people from Canada are coming over here, doctors are coming over here, yada, yada, yada”. It was painful to see the dumb congress men eating ignorance after the doctor swept the floor with them brains.

Those who advocate for the status quo are just parroting nonsense. European countries, perhaps countries around the globe (yes republicans, the earth is round) are well advanced on healthcare, to the point everybody pays their fair share, probably and surely tax increases like hell, but nobody will sign the deed to their house at the hospital’s bill department request.

By the way, where is TRUMPCARE? The “I will take care of everybody”? Crickets…crickets…crickets.
:smiley:

Maybe it’s hidden behind that wall paid for by Mexico…:rofl::rofl:

The solution is to not trust your doctor/insurance, and go find out what Costco’s charging.

1 Like

It’s more complicated than that. Most people don’t really understand how what they’re eating is affecting them.

Eating sugar can feed candida and cause sugar cravings.

Certain medications can decrease your metabolism.

Glyphosate and antibiotics kill your gut bacteria which affects nutrient absorption and increase candida.

Modern farming methods have depleted food of nutrients which means you need to eat more calories to get the same nutrients your ancestors did.

The government continues to encourage a high carb, low fat diet despite evidence that fat increases satiety. The high carb diet causes sugar spikes followed by sugar lows which increase hunger.

Job stress and lack of sleep increase snacking and decrease the likelihood of exercising.

Losing weight is about way more than just eating less calories, and most people don’t actually know where to start, which is to do what they can to decrease hunger and cravings.

1 Like

You can trace the increase in obesity to when the government changed the food pyramid to say fat is bad and sugar is fine. It was all based on research funded by sugar companies.

1 Like

Yeah. The best is the sugar packaging telling you that sugar is a carbohydrate, and carbohydrates make up a balanced daily diet.

1 Like

And here’s another one: the internet.

Given that people sleep an hour less now than 20 years ago (maybe it was just kids?? I bet it’s everyone), how much is the internet increasing obesity by decreasing exercise and sleep.

2 Likes

Not everyone lives within convenient distance of a Costco. You need medicine because you are sick and not well. I don’t think we should put extra burden on a sick person to hunt for affordable medicine.

My doctor don’t give me paper prescription. He asked me where I want to get it filled and send directly there. What do I do in that case?

1 Like

Where is Trumpcare, the “I will take care of everybody” ??? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I know where it is…behind that beautiful wall built and paid for by Mexico. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

People are so gullible, just to be polite.

You can transfer a prescription yourself. They call the other pharmacy. The bulk of spending is chronic illness not one-off being sick. 5% of patients are 50% of the spending. Countries with socialized medicene would limit their treatment options, or the excessive wait times would reduce spending on them.

We can change how we manage their care in a way that reduces cost and improves outcomes.

1 Like

But we should be covered by the “I will take care of everybody” crap healthcare. What happened? Oh, just another lie of the 4,000 and more coming. :smile::smile::smile:

I don’t see why you can’t go and ask Costco the street price for their meds. If you like their price, ask your doc to go there to fill it.

Pretty sure costco sends by mail. If not, Amazon will soon.

1 Like

Maybe he forgot to shop around in Costco?

Diabetic ketoacidosis is how Nicole Smith-Holt lost her son. Three days before his payday. Because he couldn’t afford his insulin.

The price of insulin in the U.S. has more than doubled since 2012. That has put the life-saving hormone out of reach for some people with diabetes, like Smith-Holt’s son Alec Raeshawn Smith. It has left others scrambling for solutions to afford the one thing they need to live.

Why America is obese

1 Like

And people ask why so many people don’t trust the government/“authorities”…

1 Like

Avocado producers should man up and create some funds for lobbying & fake research.

1 Like

As if in the midst of a heart attack at an in-network hospital the patient can request only in-network doctors.

My experience is that ERs staff with contract doctors that are largely out of network. It sucks to get a huge doctor bill to get a broken leg x-rayed and a cast put on when the doctor did little more than order the x-ray and sign the discharge paperwork.

2 Likes