Why Are We Protecting Illegal Immigrants In This Country?

Well, in SV, handymen told me that they are earning over $100,000 and some claim they earn more than $200k. Yet, there is always wait time for their service which can be as long as one month, at least one week… could be because I only use those with good BBB and Yelp rating… undocumented immigrants come immediately.

Labor price is determined by supply and demand. Canadian handyman is much more expensive than US. Seattle handman is more expensive than SJ. Without illegal immigrants, labor price will go up for blue collar jobs.

We have too many college graduates. Handyman should make 3 times what an average college grad earn since college grads are in over supply and handyman is in short supply.

Handyman can become a priority for legal immigration if Americans love low paying jobs for college grads and reject high paying jobs for handyman.

We can offer green cards to handyman and reject useless liberal arts PhD.

What, you use Yelp ratings???:grin: (Not so loud, or our Fearless Leader will ban you for life)

Not to mention dual income working families can’t afford to have kids.

Well I know of software engineers making $250K base salary out of school, but those are exceptions.

Following is what I found:

Requirements and Responsibilities For General Maintenance Worker III
Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical, or vehicle servicing. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty. Requires a high school diploma and at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Also Referred to as: Senior General Maintenance Worker, General Maintenance Worker III

I’m loving the argument about “morally bankrupt” blah blah. Wtf , look up in an actual dictionary the word morals.

What are you going to do, Ed??? Pick a side, the illegals or the legals…it can’t be that hard

1 Like

Our tax dollars at work in California :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Well, to me, this is as stupid as rent control being perfectly legal…

There’s a poor of spirit, racist and/or bigoted person in this forum that keeps hitting at “Latinos” as a way to discriminate against them. This person is so pathetically entrenched on stupid remarks about Latinos that as a racist, the word N is in their mouth, same here, anything becomes “Latino”, my race.
S/he has it against Latinos. Why so stupid? Do/es s/he think that only Latinos come through the border or she forgets those coming through the airports and by overstaying their visas they become illegals? Like the petulant naked, call girl Melania?

I question: Did any of us made love to you, but you lost their phone number? We are such a loving race, believe me, we can make lots of babies with you. And those babies will grow up to become the waste for the army in future wars, as seen during Iraq and Afghanistan.

Nah! I am kidding. We don’t turn around to acknowledge racists. We just cut them and eat them for lunch :grinning:

So, in lieu of that disrespect shown to my people, I can tell any coward like that person to step to the front and do what many American born to illegal parents do, joining the army. That’s right! I can bet that I am going to count with only one hand, and I will have 5 fingers left to count your kids going to the army to defend this country as the kids of those “criminal illegals” do.

Now, the question is what is a sanctuary city? Very simple. It avoids the waste of time of the police officers in acting as a border patrol agents or ICE. It also helps to establish a clear and endurable communication with the authorities in case any crime is committed. And you don’t want a community, say the Chinese community distrusting the police after a raid in Chinatown by the ICE. Something I know won’t happen because there are no illegal Chinese in this country…right? Do we agree on that?

Marine 1st Lt. Therrell Shane Childers became the first American combat casualty of the war in Iraq ten years ago tomorrow, on March 21, 2003, shortly after his unit secured Pumping Station No. 2 at the Rumaila oil fields 20 miles north of the border with Kuwait. A pick-up truck loaded with Iraqi soldiers appeared seemingly out of nowhere and Childers was hit once in the stomach. It was the wartime equivalent of a drive-by shooting.

Just down the pipeline from Pumping Station No. 2, in the port of Umm Qasr, 22-year-old Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez became the second man to die for a mistake. He had begun life as a homeless street orphan in GUATEMALA, his parents having been killed in the civil war there. He had walked, hitchhiked and hopped freight trains during his 2,000 mile solo journey to America. He had been taken in by a foster family in California, but had not forgotten a sister he had left behind in his native country. He had joined the Marine Corps hoping thereby to become a citizen and bring her to America. He figured he could at the same time get money for college and become an architect.

Knock, knock!
Anybody there?

i know folks who came legally, worked their butts off and still waiting in queue for years to get green card.

1 Like

Posting fake news as red herring?

If undocumented, how do you manage to track?
If not authorized, how to come in from so far away? Staying after expiry of visa is illegal which mean they have to stay off the grid, if so how to track them?

I actually saw Canadians are the #1 violators of over staying their Visa in the US. Blame Canada!

1 Like

illegal immigrant contribute yes
illegal immigrant commit crime, taking resource yes

ALL i see is illegal is illegal. US has lottery ticket system for those who would like to come into this country. There’s other ways to come here legally. IF US open up to anyone right at this moment. i can guranatee at least 1/4 of 1.4 billion chinese people will come and take every resource from you. Not including other country.

If immigrants brought into this country slowly legally, they will merge into the melting pot.
If immigrant brought into this country in quick uncontrol manner, they will change the chemistry of the melting pot.

Time has changed . when i were an immigrant 30 yrs ago, we learn american way. Now i see new chinese immigrant, many of them(note: not all) do not even try to bind into this country.

I’m out of these political topic, some people see things one way and some people will see the other, there’s no end to this and there’s no way to change one’s view, so let’s go back to talk chinese food or housing.

2 Likes

For national policies, we need to consider all the population, not just one particular segment where you happen to fall into. An Asian legal immigrant and naturalized citizen has no obligation to support illegal immigration even if there are some illegal immigrants from Asia. It’s really dangerous to protect illegal activity only because the violators are from the same country where you were from, or of the same race as you. Is it the definition of racism?

We have to be open minded as liberals advocate, but we can not advocate for illegal immigration just because some illegal immigrants share the same social or racial background as you.

Open boarder will not work. Open boarder does not even work for illegal immigrants. If we open our border to the whole world, many illegal immigrants will be out of job, there will be no available space at school and hospital for them. Police force will be insufficient and many people will die from crime and lack of housing, food, healthcare.

Undocumented Immigration Statistics:
2012 - The Department of Homeland Security estimates that there are 11.4 million unauthorized immigrants living in the United States, down from 11.5 million in 2011. The top countries of origin are:
– Mexico (59%)
– El Salvador (6%)
– Guatemala (5%)
– Honduras (3%)
– Philippines (3%)
2012 - The top US states where unauthorized immigrants settle are:
– California (25%)
– Texas (16%)
– Florida (6%)
– New York (5%)
– Illinois (5%)
Unauthorized immigrants to the United States tend to be young (61% between ages 25-44) and male (53%). However, 57% of unauthorized immigrants over the age of 45 are female.
2015 - 462,388 unauthorized immigrants are apprehended.
2015 - 333,341 unauthorized immigrants are removed from the United States.
Unaccompanied Alien Children:
“Unaccompanied alien children” (UAC – term used by US Customs and Border Protection) are referred to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services, for care while their immigration cases are adjudicated:
– FY2016 - 59,170
– FY2015 - 33,726
– FY2014 - 57,496
– FY2013 - 24,668

1 Like

Who needs laws? Just give everyone guns and let them sort it out in duels.

1 Like

See? That’s why, when somebody goes in an authoritarian way calling “Latinos” the source of anything illegal they miss the train. I said it before in my rebuttal, only an ignorant in the matter would atribute Latinos from being all illegals. And I also said, one event where the tyrant president in the white house is offended like a 5th grader, he will use his strings to start racial profiling, the same way this person that I accuse of targeting my Latinos is doing.

The only way to end any over staying immigrants and illegal entry is to either build an impenetrable wall, which won’t happen any time soon, then, as they are saying, put an electric device on the ankles, or a bracelet on those visiting the US so they can be tracked. Pretty scary, right? Also recognize that those who are here, the healthy, honest, working hard people, those living here for long time deserve a chance to become productive and on the light of public opinion, legal residents of this country with some regulations, requirements, economic goals to meet. Learning English and understanding something about constitutional issues would be of a good merit to consider.

Those criminals? Nobody wants them. They can go ASAP. Except you need to do something with the constitution because they, same as you, if you are legal, can’t be shot, nor treated as animals. They deserve due process.

Suggestions:
1- Make them pay a work permit, which not long ago was $380 a year. Multiply that x the # of illegals.

2- 5 years or more waiting for a path to becoming legal resident. Meanwhile, they need to improve the vetting of those waiting for long time. The quotas given to each country are the ones killing those who complain of waiting in line for a visa=green card to come. It’s not the fault of illegals, it’s the system.

3- After the work permit period of waiting, path to citizenship. And in that, I need to make a complaint. I’ve seen immigrants, not knowing 1% of what I know of English being given a free pass in their citizenship interviews. They don’t know how to say good morning how are you sir? in English, for Christ’s sake!

4- Entering illegally as well as overstaying is a matter of disqualification for any immigration benefits. All across the board, no Chinese, Vietnamese yes, but Bolivians no. No! Everybody stays, or everybody leaves.

Looks like AZ is the only state the number of illegal immigrants has gone down significantly between 2005 & 2012