WSJ-Aug 9th, 2018, Home Sales Hit West

wqj would agree.

No @wuqijun is always buying houses.

Just not a 3.8M house.

wqj buys houses on margin to de-risk. different mentality.

With a 3.8m house, or anything over 2.5m really, renting >> buying.

in bay area rent >> buy.
3M is the new 2M.

Go buy 4 or 5 Bay Area rental with your 4M budget and be like:

1 Like

What logic? And, or and nor?

xor: you should always choose stocks.

People always need a place to live. Some wants to live a good life. That’s why they buy very expensive primary homes. Renting is not the same because you can’t remodel that home to your own taste. It’s now about lifestyle and comfort, less about money.

1 Like

Let me sit for another year or two before i can do that

Rolling around on piles of $100 bills feels more comfortable than living in a 4M shack.

1 Like

Don’t be bitter. Some are nice “shacks” to live in. For example,

This home is nice!

1 Like

I thought China clamped down on their citizens from foreign investments. How are they still buying?

this was in jan. and determined buyers would find a way to buy.

Tomato likes modern decor. I prefer cosy. A good home needs a high roof and a comfortable bed, that Los Altos house has too many useless furniture :face_with_monocle:

Yes, vaulted ceiling would be nice. I don’t care much about decor though. I like my home with less furniture, but wife is the decider when it comes to decoration :slight_smile:

Let’s pick it up again @tomato. Where is it cold? I wouldn’t call MP a cold market. The ones that languish are languishing for a reason. If it’s a cold market and owners are fearful you should see options. It does not exist.

1 active in Allied Arts
0 active in Flood Park
0 active in Suburban Park
2 active in The Willows

Just because 1 is an outlier to the downside does not indicate a down market. You still have outliers to the upside too.

Ok - let’s say - it was :slight_smile: I haven’t followed it in a while.

Long time owners have a lot of monetary reasons to sell. There is 7 figures in equity there, but they aren’t moving. 8M transaction in Menlo Oaks is a new record for the area.

Just trying to get you to see the light. There is no point in holding out for a downturn for your trophy. Buy it when it becomes available.

1 Like