WSJ: California Apartment Landlords Dump Properties Ahead of Rent Control Vote

This is practically a wedding for landlords with the tenants. Needing to compensate for standards of living…

Pretty much. This type of benefit compensation should be distributed from a common pot and not from the individual landlord.

Moral: only buy SFHs and condos. Because they don’t fall under rent control. Buying apartments can result in rent control headaches.

1 Like

Given the current pro-tenant movement - the repeal to include SFH/Condos under rent control is seriously being considered. Only takes one successful repeal…

2 Likes

Let’s not worry too much about it until it’s actually a fact.

I am already thinking which of my houses to sell in case the appeal went thru. It’s gonna be a bloodbath. :scream:

Would you like to list them in your order of preference so we can analyze your thought process?

When MV rent control kicked in, they rolled back the price to 2 year prior because of exactly that.

I am still thinking it thru. Most likely sell in places with militant anti-landlordism like SF and Oakland, and parts of my portfolio that have lower end tenants. It will be sad. :cry:

But then you will only have San Jose left… :scream:

Luna said the seller — their landlord at the time, Efren Villalpando — stopped him in the parking lot and urged him to sign a document saying the rent on the three-bedroom apartment was $2,300 when he actually was paying just $1,500, assuring him that it wasn’t going to be the actual rent. In a court document filed by Luna’s attorney, Luna wrote he didn’t understand what he was signing and that he feels that Villalpando tricked him.

The seller provided false documents. Is there any recourse for the buyer?

Yes

Plough all proceeds to box and mu😃

I am branching out. Just bought some Shiseido in the last few days. There’s more to life than computers. :wink: