You have no expectation of privacy in sellers home

I just heard a story on the local news about spying on buyers in sellers homes. Apparently some sellers spy on buyers through the use of “nanny cams” and record everything they say to their agent. So it pays for you to wait until you leave to make comments about to house that indicate that is the one you want until you leave. If the seller hears you say you really want it, it weakens your bargaining position.

I had a business idea. Merge this with public data, id the person visiting the house. If they are, say, executives at a tech company, ask 300k more.

Decided against it same reason i decided against facilitating mass surveillance(billions of dollars of market if you could use public cameras to id people real time and create a db of person, location, time data.

Face recognition and surveillance is already wide spread in China. You jaywalk on street and you will receive a penalty bill in the mail, your social credit score will drop and next thing you know you can’t take out loans or even take a plane.

Welcome to 1984.

Now @tomato won’t go to open houses anymore. He’ll be too concerned about his privacy.

1 Like

we speak a language they would have hard time understanding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t bet on it in the bay area :wink:

Why do you need facial recognition? When you get an offer, you have the buyers’ full name on it. Search away all you want at that point.

Hahah, good thing i can identify people of my nationality (or surrounding neighbors, for that matter). we all look similar, with a belly :slight_smile:

Sure that’s also true unless it’s for a trust or something?