CA Supreme Court Rejects 50 Year Sentences For Juveniles

Why? Why? Why? It is not inhumane if you don’t do the crime, right? Idiots!!!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/california-supreme-court-rejects-50-year-sentences-juveniles/

1 Like

Problem is that 50 year sentences are sometimes cut short. So 50 years might only really mean 25. If 50 really meant 50, I might be able to see some merit to the argument.

And the truth is that a 16 year old does know how wrong what they do is unless they’re mentally ill. And we don’t need mentally ill rapists on the streets.

To a certain degree this is just following what happened with the relaxing of the punishment for car break-ins. They unfortunately went up. Not sure why supposedly smart people can’t see that tough laws are the way to go.

1 Like

Ultra liberals are scary

Goodwin Liu was joined by Justices Ming W. Chin, Mariano-Florentino Cuellar and Leondra R. Kruger.

Frankly, I am embarrassed to be associated with the two chinese judges. Stop. Watering. Down. The. Laws.

1 Like

Goodwin Liu’s mistress is Jane Kim. Two bad apples are together.

OMG, that says it all: Gordon is dating his onetime law student…

1 Like

Yup, give them hugs not jail time. That’ll fix everything. I don’t get how liberals can simultaneously argue:

1. We should decriminalize more and more crimes which puts more criminals on the streets and increases crime rates.

2. We should disarm law-abiding citizens while #1 is happening.

The 2.5M people a year using guns to prevent crime is only going to increase. You take away lawful gun ownership, and you instantly create 2.5M more crime victims a year. I guess to some people

10,000 > 2,500,000

Considering about half the 10,000 are criminals killing each other, you’re really saying:

5,000 > 2,500,000

5,000 innocent victims are more important than preventing 2,500,000 innocent people from becoming victims of crime. I honestly don’t get how people wrap their heads around that math unless they just ignore it, since it doesn’t align with their emotions.

1 Like

Who needs guns when you have grandmas?

:slight_smile:

Time to design a hot-water shooting “mechanism” to protect myself.

2 Likes

The best deterrent is a barking dog. Most criminals will just move onto another home. They are looking for easy targets.

3 Likes

Good when you want to commit suicide or kill someone else in a rage.
Better to stay in a safe neighborhood.

That’s helpful but even “safe” neighborhoods get hit. Apparently people like going Christmas shopping in what appear to be middle-class and wealthy neighborhoods.

Agree on the dog though…