Don't Ever Do This Sellers

Not quite. American cture is very distinct in plenty of ways, and these need fine tuning.

I think american music, for example, needs some more time to find its place.

The italians have fine tuned their food, as known by everyone. America needs to tune that too.

It is evolving. It is ok. It will get better. Bring the best of each culture and melt them in american pot.

It is funny how Americans love to call high end things European without ever going there. Most of the kitchens in Europe are very primitive. I stayed in a 6bedroom villa in St Tropez that rented for $50k/m. The stove was gas with wire pot holders. No upper cabinets and the bottom ones had curtains instead of drawers. Very primitive. I guess it was designed for servants to use:sunglasses:

Btw i like my truism. Like saying “for now”. Each country grows and dies. :slight_smile:

Americans are practical. We have better of pretty much everything that humans use. Kitchens are no exception.

You should have offered them renovation up to american standards, and made profit while having fun :slight_smile:

50k/month? Damn. Sorry had to pick on that.

So this is typically seen in Europe? Ok, my bad… but I still wouldn’t want the W/D smack dab in the middle of the kitchen, in between the sink and frig no less. To the side, away from the essential kitchen items, maybe…

In America kitchens are status symbols. In Europe space is a premium. Often the washer dryer is in one under the counter unit in the kitchen.

Especially since the trend is for open floor plans where people congregate around the kitchen, I still would want the W/D behind say a cabinet or closet space. Sure, let’s do some delicates while chatting…

America has “fine tuned” from the primitive. Having washer/dryer in kitchen is not considered desirable.

I actually proposed that we put in a closed enclosure in our extended kitchen/dining room space when we remodel the whole kitchen for a W/D since I wanted the garage as a true man cave. Wife shot down the idea of the W/D in the kitchen pretty fast. The idea of mixing dirty laundry with eating didn’t sit well with her, and I have to admit, I agree but for a man cave I am willing to adjust…

IT’s because american houses are yuuuge. The 5Ksqft lot i find undesirable would be a luxury villa over there.

Hmm, ok what do Asians especially folks in Japan and say Hong Kong do? Are W/D in the kitchens? I am sure some folks can chime in on that…

What? Are you really that far removed from your ancestors’ roots? They wash their cloths by hand in the kitchen and hang them out the window to dry.

1 Like

Another fine-tuning is to attach the horse barn to the SFH :joy: some even has a room above :crazy_face:

I don’t travel much… remember, I didn’t go back there when we got married. They all came out here to the Fab 7x7 to enjoy the greatness that it is…

i lol’ed at this.

isn’t sfdragonboy an american born person?

1 Like

Absolutely, baby, ABC all the way… although I do have a soft spot for Chinatown and chicken wings…

then why would you care what the chinese do, since american culture is the greatest? (burn, wqj, burn!)

1 Like

Fine tuned to the garage, dust is preferred over oil :triumph:

garage is also equally bad. Since we have vast amount of space, let’s put the dog and the washer/dryer together, and have a laundry room!