Dow Down 666 Points

This one is cute, let’s keep this one :tomato:

I don’t hang at bars. But do go to the East Peak Lodge on Heavenly mountain during the ski season. $14 drinks
only accessible by skis.

1 Like

What did you say again @manch? I’m so glad I didn’t listen to your “advice”… :rofl:

did manch short twitter?

Nah. Didn’t short anything. How much did you buy twtr for though? Now is the time to sell. :smile:

Hopefully not… or we may start to see a bill in the mail from him…

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me! :rofl:

How can you say I fool you when my advice today is better than yesterday’s? :smile:

Yes you didn’t fool me even once, because I didn’t listen at all… :rofl:

IMO, TWTR exuberance will not long last with current market condition. One time making profit may provide temporary jump, but TWTR is not so strong a company to invest.

Today is the best time to Sell sell sell TWTR.

2 Likes

Sorry @Jil, I’m a buy and hold investor as opposed to a speculator like you when it comes to stocks… :wink:

Dow down 433
Trying to figure when to buy in. Correction soon?

Wait for 45 days or until end of March 2018. Let the volatile market settle down.

1 Like

If you are buy and hold like I am then anytime is a good time to buy in. If you are speculating then I would suggest not to invest your hard earned money into stocks at all and keep it in real estate.

I am planning on buying slowly.DCA

1 Like

DCA only works for people who don’t have enough funds to invest today and have to earn their money to invest tomorrow. If you already have a million dollars sitting in the bank account today then it makes no sense to DCA.

1 Like

I understand you and hanera are long time buy and hold persons. I am still learning and not up to a good level yet.

However,I feel that you need to review/relook your portfolio keeping hold, esp companies like TWTR, TSLA…etc which does not produce real profits.

The basic equation is if company makes profits, the shares are attractive and grow in line with company results.

Here, TWTR and TSLA are going on speculative mode by Mr.Market, even though you are not speculative, but not with strong fundamental growth. Such holding, IMO, will not give you any benefit except temporary speculative run.

IMO, your buy and hold must be like hanera’s AAPL or your Cupertino home. This must be like a geese that lays golden egg over a longer period of time.

1 Like

No. The basic difference between investment and speculation is the length of time you are holding on to an asset. The longer you are holding on to it, the less the speculative nature. The volatility nature of the asset itself has nothing to do with it. There is such a thing as investing even in highly volatile assets like bitcoin. If you had held bitcoin for 5 years then you have gained tremendously.

If you are only willing to buy and hold low risk assets such as gold or bonds, then your long term return will reflect that, giving you very mediocre returns.

So, the trick to make a lot of money is really to do the very opposite of what you have suggested: it’s to buy and hold highly risky assets for the long term.

1 Like

What about SOXL?

Not looking for long term hold

Really… :rofl: