Gun Control

It doesn’t show the most recent numbers, but they aren’t exactly rare.

Interesting data…

As for other countries, I posted before the US has a bigger decrease in homicide rate than Australia since Australia’s “gun ban” which people love to point to as a great idea. Australia has seen an increase in other violent crimes while the US rates have decreased. It appears emotions prevent people from understanding that data.

1 Like

The big problem with California is car breakins
AR15s are ineffective against these thugs, unfortunately.
As far as AR15s. Every weapon produced is still around so the numbers are growing. Obviously less people are buying under Trump, so now there is a glut, and prices have dropped 70%. Bullets too hopefully

“police officials say Cruz wrote social media posts so threatening he was twice reported to the FBI.”

“Just five months ago, he stated his aspiration to become a “professional school shooter.””

“Lewis, of course, mentioned Cruz suffered from depression.”

"Israel also alluded to Cruz’s mental fitness during a news conference, while Broward County Mayor Beam Furr said the teen “had been dealing with mental health issues.”

“He had been undergoing some treatment. We can’t go into detail on that,” Furr said. “I don’t know if he was exactly on law enforcement’s radar, but it wasn’t like there wasn’t concern for him. He had not been back to the clinic for over a year, so there’s been a ti"me where he was receiving treatment and then stopped.”"

If you think restricting gun ownership would have stopped this guy from killing lots of people, then there’s not much more to discuss. He was going to do a great amount of evil. The fact the FBI did nothing, and there’s no way to compel him to mental health treatment is a huge problem.

1 Like

Also, he’s not part of a white nationalist group. Despite the fact many media outlets ran with that narrative before doing any checking.

1 Like

Here’s how incorrect facts go viral and become the truth. Now millions think they are informed, but they’re actually misinformed. You know it’s bad when Washington Post is saying something about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.b5fde3fe3681

1 Like

Not if he only had a toothpick…

I was, 2 hours ago having a very heated debate with a gun ho. A republican with a mentality of a 5th grader. The dumb guy, said that we should all be armed to our teeth because that would prevent any shooting. When I told him that the school in Florida had a security guard, and that the poor kids on this last incident were coming out with their hands up as a matter of precaution, that if they were armed, chances were one of them would killed by a happy trigger cop, well, he started mumbling jumbling about conspiracy theories, Alex Jones, Jade Helm exercise, Sandy Hooks was Obama’s job, etc.

I couldn’t hold myself when I heard him disregarding the massacre in Sandy Hooks, and I told him the following:

You can keep your stupid comments, your stupid deflection on the very issue that is hurting thousands of Americans every week or day. You can stick your prayers and condolences where the sun doesn’t shine.

I also said “your freedom shouldn’t supersede the lives of my kids”.

Finally, after he kept mumbling jumbling stupidity, I replied:

It’s the gun culture, the NRA and gun industry controlling the government you idiot!

Well, I am telling you that I have never, ever been so afraid of anybody since the guy promised to find me one day, alone, and told me to be sure I was armed. :laughing::sweat_smile:

There are many stupid Americans like him not understanding the point that the so called assault rifles should not be in the hands of anybody but the military. I also know police officers are afraid of such weapon. The shooting that happened years ago in Los Angeles during a bank robbery taught them a lesson, they were not prepared to face that type of weapons.

My apologies for such nice language, the same language your president is so well known to use. Aren’t you glad of getting rid of the PC culture? OK…I hope I satisfied your request of eliminating the PC.

The end.

At the end of the day, does it really make sense that a 19 year old is able to buy a weapon like this legally? Really???

1 Like

A police officer, talking on KGO radio said that he was able to kill people at the age of 20, you know, self defense as a cop, but he can’t drink.

We are, as a society, becoming numb to these shootings. All because the stupidity of the famous “government coming to get your guns”. A BS that has gone around for many years, since the creation of our constitution by the way.

The most recent example of that BS is the Brady bunch. The group that faced the government weapons in hand. There, that theory went in flames, they got Scott free because a technicality. Had the “government” done what they say it does, they would have died in a gun fight. They had government snipers aiming at them.

There’s a video of a mother of one of those killed 2 days ago. She is asking this narcissist president to do something. He won’t. Bought and paid for by the NRA.

Time to move on and do something for a change. Disgusting, the most advanced country in the world is turning into a third world country with this gun issue, the selling of our country to the private industry, and the constant sexual, corruption, and mumbling jumbling in the white house. The NRA needs to be taken down, the second amendment revised too.

It won’t happen, the NRA has bought the government and the minds of some delusional people waiting, still, for Obama to take over Texas during the Jade Helm exercise. Too much Kool Aid :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

They don’t know that actually Obama owns Texas :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Perhaps in the minority (or not) but this morning I saw on the news that a Oakland Police Chief I believe agreed with us that weapons of this caliber should not be in the hands of civilians. The problem is that you are just asking for trouble if the person goes whacko and then you have essentially a baby firing off thousands of rounds. Stupid…

1 Like

There was a case years back, the Hollywood shooting they called it. The 2 shooters were armed with AKs or some other kind of assault weapons. It was a battle of rifles against slingshots. Really.

Many police officers have stated they are so afraid of these assault rifles. Anybody disagreeing with that is just simply put an idiot.

But the main point is that the NRA owns the government, tons of $ to whoever states anything against them, instant gratification.

I believe that I would lose my mind if I lost one of my kids in a shooting like this. I don’t think the shooter would make it alive to court. None the less anybody mocking my feelings or laughing about this serious issue. Trust me.

I remember vividly seeing the news videos of the battle exchange between the shooters and cops. It was literally like something out of the movies, hence the naming. I believe the shooters had on essentially body armor or bullet proof vests too and you could see how helpless the cops were against that kind of fire power.

Sadly, we will bury these Floridians and simply clean up the school like it was nothing…

1 Like

Until the next tragedy, more condolences and prayers, but nothing done about it.

What a numbed society we live in.

Are you really that unaware of world events? They’ll use a semi truck, uhaul truck, bombs, etc.

Again, the AR 15 was around for 40 years with no issues. The gun didn’t change in the last 10 years. It’s people that changed. You take away the gun, and they’ll use another method. Are you going to ban vehicles and any chemical that is part of a combination that can make a bomb?

Chances are, much less carnage. The numbers this POS killed in a short time is huge. And now, we are going to see the “twinkie” or mental illness defense which will most likely not garner the death penalty. I would gladly pay for the hollow point bullet that enters this POS’s head…

1 Like

This is what I am telling you. There they are, the comments about mental issues, and all bunch of stupid deflection. They think this is a contest of data, or stupid ideas against the good ones. They forget, that even mental ill people have the right to buy a gun now. I am not kidding you! The turd in the white house signed a bill protecting the rights of people like this Russian boy, a deranged individual with known mental issues by the same police. Had they violated the individual rights of that killer, 17 people would be alive. Any idiot not understanding the issue should really take a course of mental education.

When I see comments about trucks, knives, and whatnot, I really think we are debating with second grade school kids. It seems that their point of view is of those individuals who “want to win” a debate for the sake of winning without weighing in the terrible effects of thousands upon thousands of youngsters, kids of all ages being mentally incapacitated for life by one of these events. All the trauma they suffer in minutes will scar them for life. Is that hard to understand?

It’s been precisely 36 years ago that I was ready to go to school, I was a teacher then. My dog grabbed one of my sandals, and limping I went chasing him towards the front door of my long house. I heard the pops of fire crackers, being 7:15 AM, I thought the people celebrating some birthday were late for that, since it was customary to go with a mariachi to wake up the birthday person at 5-6 AM with firecrackers and everything else.

When I got to the front door, which was open, my dog was already out by the fence and was trembling because of the noise. I then noticed across the street a lady grabbing a little girl, she had been shot, and curious as I am, looked on the street and there it was, a guy I knew, face down, a pool of blood developing under his face. He had been shot by the government. I went to see if he was alive, then I saw the brains and blood all over. I looked around, as in a slow motion movie, I was alone. Then, I understood the gravity of my situation since the killers, which we called the G-2, could take me as a sympathizer of the dead guy’s political preference. I believe that contributed to me being taken as a “Communist” by the government, and then a right wing operative by the left thugs in my national university. I had to leave my country because of both sides wanting me gone.

I know you sfdragonboy don’t have kids, but those who have them are terrified every time we see this type of shootings. I thank you for being down to earth on this issue. Any parent should be concerned about this, this is an ongoing tragedy and needs to stop.

Not wishing anybody to go through that, but if it happens, I can tell to those individuals mocking, fighting and trying to minimize the pain of those losing their loved ones with graphics, and data, and whatnot, that I would love to send them condolences and prayers the day they lose one of their kids to a stupid second amendment nut. I would love to see them so happy to receive them while they are doing the arrangements to bury one of their kids, or all of them.

There’s really no point in this. You’re always going to ignore all data and facts and revert back to your opinions. You should probably research death totals from bombing incidents in countries that don’t have guns, since you think bombs would be less carnage.

1 Like

More like…

Unknown A bear

Unknown-1 A bear with horns

Unknown A lame bear

Unknown A small bear

1 Like

I knew it, the same BS about data and bullshit.

It’s not the gun the idiots say. Nope, it’s not the gun. Of course…

1 Like

Ignore all facts? Dude, what are we seeing IN REALITY lately? Shootings! Mass shooting! Are we seeing many UHaul bombings in the US lately? I didn’t think so…

Don’t be such a responder only, meaning you only react to an action. Think outside the box for once. Maybe implement policy that makes sense. One thing we shouldn’t do is DO NOTHING.
We are a civilized nation that other countries used to anyway look to as THE ONE. Let’s act like it.

1 Like