Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

iPhone 8 failing would be bullish. People will wait and pay more for iPhone X. Does anyone think people waiting for the X will switch to android instead of waiting? It might be bearish for Q4, but it’s bullish for next year.

2 Likes

Apple iPhone X wait times rise as demand exceeds supply

Within two hours of going on sale, buyers in the United States are now having to wait as long as five-to-six weeks for the high spec phone.

So far, strong demand :slight_smile: not yet hit the possible “significant production issues” line yet.

AAPL shot up $3.52, nearing ATH. Those who believe liberal arts journalists and sold, too bad for you. I let data speaks for themselves not listen to eloquent unsupported assertions by armed-chairs.

Edit: Up $4.50, $161.96.

1 Like

No one ever remotely said Apple would implode or not make money in general. Keep in mind I am a Kool-Aid drinker (more of a sipper), but I still believe it was not a good strategy to bring out so many models at once or tell the market what to expect so soon. For some reason, you have a hard time believing that otherwise smart folks in big, glamorous companies can make boo-boos too. The consumer is always right in that he/she dictates the market, not the other way around.

See, the 8 is so yesterday already…

It is expected to finish on first day itself. This is not hype, but expected behavior.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the Q1 sales percent of 8 vs. X by country once they are both available. I think we are thinking of it as people living in the US with much higher incomes. I suspect in many other countries people will buy the 8 due to price difference. Not everyone in the world lives in the US with 6 figure incomes, where dropping $1k on a phone is nothing.

1 Like

$1k for a phone with a 2 year life is ridiculous… It is a status symbol and nothing more… Like fancy sunglasses

First of all, as pointed out in the other treads, people have become SO ENAMORED with their phones to the point of not being sociable at dinners or practically getting themselves killed while walking in the streets. People will pay and will more than likely pay for the latest and greatest which is the X. Plain and simple. IMO, they won’t settle for the 8 when they know the X is out. It is one thing if your phone breaks so you have to buy something but if your phone is fine you will probably just wait until you can afford the X or if some kind of deal comes out through your phone carrier or something.

1 Like

Can’t remember whether there is one time that new iPhone model was not sold out very fast. Too lazy to do web search. Do you remember? Btw, I am always right. What happen if I’m wrong? I am always right.

1 Like

I remember iphone6 was like this. I was able to get it first hour (midnight). Then, Apple system hang/servers down due to multiple hits, they resumed after 1.5 hours. People did not believe those stories,telling hype, but that was real. Next day morning, first lot declared sold and many of my friends did not get it.

Those who got iphone6 will get into iphone 8 or iphone x as the old iphone 6 is getting outdated (very slow).

That is the main reason, I was telling iphone X will be gone first day and Apple touching 1 Trillion is very likely before Mar 2018.

2 Likes

So buy the stock not the phone… There will be beta issues why rush … Very happy with my new dated 7 plus

1 Like

Early adopters/ innovators love the latest and willing to deal with any beta issues, and in fact proud to catch them.
Majority don’t like beta, is ok, they are the majority :grinning:, not the trailblazers.

1 Like

Remember that I did with TSLA, bought the stocks, gained a lot, but signed up with GM Bolt !

3 Likes

Not good…

**Apple’s last experiment with releasing two different versions of the iPhone was in 2013, when it unveiled the 5s and a cheaper iPhone 5c. **

The latter sold in disappointing quantities and Mr Cook admitted the company had overestimated demand for it.

Why is this idiot still running our company???

Signed,

Steve and Steve

1 Like

Not good, not good at all…

Electronics recycling site Decluttr.com says it has received more trade-ins of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus than any other previous new iPhones. It appears that users lured by the new features of the coming iPhone X are trying to cash in on their iPhone 8 and 8 Plus while the value is still relatively high.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-users-already-starting-ditch-month-old-iphone-8-122610995.html

$166.47 ATH. Thanks Tim Cook.
Time for Vertigo and Yeah!

3 Likes

Apple better step up its game…maybe announce features of Apple 11 now… yeah brilliant!!!

Talk about some folks ODing on the Kool-Aid…