Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Synchrony is spin off from GE. It was GE finance previously. Since WB shed all GE stocks, he moved the money to SYF.

At the same time, Seth Klarmann also bought SYF. When both giants bought, I bought some SYF at $29 level , then at $33 and holding it.

Did you see any good analysis on SYF? Want to understand it more.

I did not do any major research when both of my favorite investors, Seth and Buffet, bought SYF at the same time. After I bought it at $34 range, it did not go up, surprised and dipped to $28.9, then I bought again. The stock turned upwards then.

Here are the few links I read before buying SYF.

3 Likes

You mean there weren’t too many of these activations???

Ouch!!! Shades of Salesforce Tower ripping on the Millennium Tower’s foundation…

You can’t even update to new software on a lot of android phones. You’re stuck with the version that was released when you bought the phone.

Funny…

What is going on, Mr. Austin???

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/French-lawsuit-filed-against-Apple-for-slowing-12460058.php

Agree or disagree, Apple fanboys/fangirls???

Larry Ramer has over a decade of experience in business journalism. He has worked for Globes, Israel’s most widely read business newspaper, as well as The Jerusalem Post and theflyonthewall.

Mr. Ramer’s expansive knowledge of politics enables him to provide valuable insights into how politics can affect stocks. He also specializes in contrary investing.

Should we listen to Larry?

1 Like

Frankly, ANYONE, in my opinion can have a valid perspective on things. I don’t discriminate…

How to tell whether Larry has a valid or invalid perspective on the power management issue?

Good question which I have no idea. Your point is valid about the “erroneous” reporting out of Taiwan on the projected lower numbers but that is why the Internet is a double edged sword, right? Good and bad data, everywhere… I just don’t subscribe to the notion that something can be unstoppable forever…

What’s your purpose in this? Since you don’t own Apple, are you waiting for the stock to fall so you can buy on the cheap?

I report out good and bad news. No skin in the game but I do take offense when the position is presented that Company A is unstoppable. Nothing is unstoppable.

2 Likes

You can say the same thing about America. Maybe it’s time to move to another country… :wink:

2 Likes

And let’s be honest, we are loooooving it here in the Bay Area with our ever increasing home prices but who is to say that is going to continue right? As an investor, one must be always looking at the other side too or be prepared for a stormy day. That’s all I am suggesting. Apple should survive this mess but might take a few licks along the way. Once a company actually believes and acts like it can dictate the marketplace is when one should be concerned right? The consumer actually has the final say and if he/she thinks you are not being honest he/she can turn on you on a dime.

Thanks for the reminder, personally I’m already well aware of that.