Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

WATT is just for watch, not for investment.

NVDA, TSLA, AAPL, AMZN, GOOGL are good for long term investments until economy hits recession.

If not for the corporate culture set up by Elon Musk, most probably is a done deal.

Usage. My hardly used iPhone SE is working fine.

2 Likes

I beg to differā€¦ bitcoin is for gambling. Tesla is legit. Not in the same league!

However, you can say nvda is gambling because their rise is largely due to bitcoinā€¦ :rofl:

Agreed :rofl: You will be missing the boat again here :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Already missed the boat. Not missing out!!! But now you just gave me an ideaā€¦ I will buy nvda instead after bitcoin crashedā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

Cut n paste from an old post dated Sep 21 in this thread. You donā€™t think iPhone X, AirPods and Apple Watch together with services can achieve higher revenue?
fe0c0c7ba847833f6991b21f833db2cbaa09398d_1_690x388

Annualized gain
IPO to now: 17.05% p.a. for 37 years, still better than S&P of 7-11% :grin:
Return of SJ to now: 33.43% p.a. for 20 years
Dec 31, 2007 to now: 22.01% p.a. for 10 years
Dec 31, 2008 to now: 34.58% p.a. for 9 years
Dec 31, 2012 to now: 19.75% p.a. for 5 years
Dec 31, 2016 to now: 48.05% p.a. for 12 months :star_struck:

AAPL would hit $1T market cap by end of 2018 at the historical appreciation of 17%.

1 Like

I donā€™t think the X is starting a new S curve. Itā€™s still an iPhone. Some people say X is more fun to use. To me that sounds like saying BMW is more fun to drive than Honda. But is it like the jump from riding a horse carriage to a car? No.

Wearables is a new S curve. But their dollar volume is small compared to iPhone. I donā€™t think they will ever catch up iPhones volume though.

Apple is a great business. Itā€™s not doomed. I just donā€™t expect its stock price to double from this level. If it does that would be awesome. That means to me Amazon and Facebook would triple or even quadruple.

Yes, will do just that in a couple years time for sureā€¦ :rofl:

Market Cap
AAPLā€¦$860.88B >> $1.72T (1 double)
AMZNā€¦$563.53B >> $2.35T (Quadruple)
FBā€¦ $512.76B >> $2.05T (Quadruple)

Over how many years?
I am willing to bet 1 dinner at a fine dining restaurant that it ainā€™t going to happen for the next 5 years.

Above question is asking combined revenue not individual product revenue.

1 Like

I donā€™t expect Apple to double ever again. It might but probability is low. So not in 5 years I am with you on that.

But I expect both Amazon and Facebook to be bigger than Apple in the next 5 years.

We will see how it does with the much hyped ā€œsuper cycleā€ next month. Expectation is very high.

The combined Apple-Tsla will reach 4 trillion market cap in 5 years.

There arenā€™t enough cars or phones needed. In fact if Musk is as prophetic as he says, cars will soon disappear putting him out of business with self driving cars making car ownership obsolete.

Yes but Apple-Tsla will drive the next tech revolution of colonizing the moon and mars.

1 Like

Smart speakers is a new category at the bottom of S curve now. Amazon is front runner and google second. Apple fumbled badly with the HomePod delay. Amazon seems to be running away with it.

Google and to a lesser extent Amazon sucks up so much users personal data that I go with Apple wherever possible.

2 Likes

If Facebook teaches anything itā€™s that vast majority of users donā€™t care about privacy. Some millennials even share their credit purchase histories with strangers. That boggles my mind. I am officially too old. :older_man:

1 Like

Why donā€™t they start sharing their net worth with strangersā€¦ :rofl:

Odd is in your favor since Apple pays dividends (not tax efficient and reduce market cap) and buyback share (reduce market cap). So canā€™t bet big.

Bet 1 dim sum lunch any time either AMZN or FB overtook Appleā€™s market cap in the next 5 years.