LinkedIn Workforce report for Bay Area

Hiring was 10.4% higher in January 2018 than in January 2017

San Francisco Bay Area gained the most workers in the last 12 months from New York City, NY, Boston, MA, and Chicago, IL.

Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, and Sacramento, CA gained the most workers from San Francisco Bay Area in the last 12 months.

5 Likes

Here’s the full US version

1 Like

146M is insane. The work force is 161M. I wonder how many profiles are people that are now retired or people that got discouraged and left the work force. A lot of college students probably have one too, and they aren’t in the work force yet.

A lot of people don’t know how to use LinkedIn and create new profiles when they change jobs / forget their old email/password combo - so there are several people on LinkedIn with multiple profiles that aren’t active anymore…

1 Like

Nothing screams hire me like being unable to manage a LinkedIn profile…

:rofl:

When companies posts job openings, LinkedIn has job opening/listing information. I am curious how LinkedIn gets the hiring information.

• Do the companies tell LinkedIn if a position has filled?
  • Does removing the opening from LinkedIn means job was filled and hiring was done? (But it can be internal transfer)
  • Or individual change/update their profile signals new hiring? (Which would be poor metric)
1 Like