Most Expensive House in Bayview

Well, it is contingent. What is the contingency? That my family and I will be completely safe from crime and industrial/radioactive fallout for the next 100 years? Good luck with that one, pal…

Until full gentrification, Bayview and HP will score very, very low vs other neighbors of the Fab 7x7…

Outer Sunset dominated!! Safest neighborhood in San Francisco?? Perception is reality…

Buy where there is blood on streets. Literally.

Why else would small 2/1 homes sell for 1M or more??? At the end of the day, people want to feel safe now, not some day way down the road. You get peace and quiet at night, plenty of street parking and maybe even a decent sized yard. Easy access to freeways and plenty of public transportation options to get to work downtown makes the Sunset an ideal neighborhood to settle down in. Come on, buy my house millennials!!!

There are only certain hot millenial neighborhoods. Sunset isn’t one of them. Here’s a list I came up with on top of my head:

1. SF - Noe Valley, Mission
  2. Peninsula - Menlo Park, East Palo Alto
  3. South Bay - Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale
  4. East Bay - Oakland

Eventually, everyone gets older and wiser. The reasons why we “old folks” like the Sunset will be the same reasons why millennials or anyone else will like it. If you notice, the Sunset has gained in popularity over the years, never falling out of favor. Not everyone wants the burbs or a commute into the city. The Sunset is far enough away from the concrete jungle yet close enough. I don’t have to pump the Sunset, the many overbids we are seeing is real proof that people want to be here. Money talks, everytime…

Overbids don’t mean a thing when the properties were underpriced deliberately in the first place.

2 Likes

That may be, but at the end of the day Sunset homes are still selling fairly easily with multiple offers. The demand is just so strong, which is surprising considering how many new listings seem to come onto the market every day. We are talking small, not necessarily remodeled to the 9’s 2/1 SFHs in the outer Sunset going for a 1M!!!

What’s the big deal with Sunset houses selling for 1M when Bayview houses are going for 2M?

Ok, you never took Statistics apparently… How many Bayview homes are going for 2M? A few, or one and of course it is dolled up to the 9’s. Whereas, EVERY Sunset home (remodeled extensively or NOT) is gravitating at 1M and above…Big difference, Sir…

Here, this was from Paragon’s 2/17 report…by $/sq ft Sunset is higher and of course volume is the highest in the Fab 7x7.

Here is the Fab 7x7’s homicides for 2016 by location. Sunset is squeaky clean whereas your Bayview and HP is murder capital of the city. I rest my case.

Mission and Potrero hill have the most number of homiciles and also more million dollar houses than sunset.

Dude, the map speaks for itself. Squeaky clean in the West vs nuclear implosion in the East. West is best…again

Again, Mission and Potrero Hill have 3x the murder cases compared to Bayview. And according to your table median house price there is 1.9M. Sunset? Even getting the help of Golden Gate Heights only manages 1.5M. A 400K delta.

Eastern half of SF is generally more pricey than west, and north is pricier than the south. Even me the SF newbie knows that.

Frankly, my map says ALL of the East side of the Fab 7x7 is full of murders. I ain’t necessarily only finger pointing your Bayview and HP. The disparity between no killings vs some killings is like night and day. Any reasonable person with a family, wanting to buy a home in the Fab 7x7 that is in a fairly safe area, CAN NOT ignore this map. If they do, they are just being stupid honestly. Why would you play Russian Roulette with your family’s lives? I choose to live in a safe area. Best advice for anyone, no???

Ok, I am not impressed with your lil neighborhood oasis out on the East side. Only contingent status on all these places? Come on, everything else in the Fab 7x7 is going Pending!!!

This one too… yeah, sounds like everyone is lowballing quite frankly (hence the need to still show it)

I only take responsibility on Bayview on or north of Oakdale. South of Oakdale is animal town.

You made it sound as if you owned the neighborhood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sold! 1.9M.